The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Disaster  (Read 70644 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »

Since December 21, 2012 will come and go without major incident like every other dire prediction, you'd think the doom and gloomers would have picked a date farther out, like 2030, to milk it longer... Wink

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »

Since December 21, 2012 will come and go without major incident like every other dire prediction, you'd think the doom and gloomers would have picked a date farther out, like 2030, to milk it longer... Wink

T

The end-date was predicted roughly 5,125 years ago according to the Mayan long calendar. If you were a Mayan, you would know this when you received your 2012 Rigid Tools calendar because it would only have 21 days on it.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »

Am I thinking crazy or does this Earthquake thing usually happen in early Spring or fall??
As the Earth is tilting on its axis for the seasonal changes, the stress on these fragile plates increases.
Mother Earth is getting rickety in her old age.

Here's the deal-

The Chinese population is about 1.4 billion. Assume the average person there weighs 100 pounds and you got 140,000,000,000 pounds of humanity. Thanks to the advent of GPS, it's now possible for that 140 billion pounds of humanity to jump exactly 1 foot in the exact coordination necessary to direct force on the earth to target specific places with ruptured faults and earthquakes.

K1DEU
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »

Excellent comment Tom K1JJ.  The changes are interesting and exciting to many.

The Universe's calendar was first presented to the Egyptians by travelers from the Andromeda Circular Galaxy.  And of course there is no leap year correction, same number of days in a month. Bloodletting for all female Humans and animals the same and not by our moon. 13 is a very common denominator.  Most of us are on a messed-up calender  where Emperor Pope Gregory thought that our little sun was the center of the Universe. Converting from the Egyptian Melchizedek Calendar from Andromeda things should be very stable again on Earth by June-May 2013.

By the way these changes are occurring thorough-out the entire Universe, not  just this tiny Star system !

73  John, K1DEU
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

Who gave humans the Taylor Hybrid?
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »

... December 21, 2012 will come and go without major incident like every other dire prediction

Including Y2K. And after 21 May 2011, Family Radio will just keep on broadcasting the rest of the bible thumpers, and the old dude will just disappear off their station with no further mention.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K1DEU
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 02:39:08 AM »

Ah Yes Good Ole  Y2K. Well Lets count.   

The Universe counts only in Base 8 Never in Base 10.

Egads that means Y2K hasn't arrived yet.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »

Fukushima #2 core was breached earlier this morning...Termed "Past point of no Return" Cry

Iodine & lead undies for all....

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »

The Universe counts only in Base 8 Never in Base 10.

Why not convert to a Base 12? Twelve can be evenly divided into 2 parts, 3 parts, 4 parts or 6 parts, many more possible factors of 12, than can base 10 which can be evenly divided only into 2 parts (2 X 5 = 10).  When actually building a physical structure, inches and feet are a lot easier than the metric system to work with and make mental calculations.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080221231103AAHbkeT

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »

As someone once said, "All your base are belong to us."
K1DEU
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2011, 01:50:55 AM »

Don; base 8--13 parts

When it comes to building this two story shack I live in 24x28 with rohn45g attached

fractions are not for this kid  and I had the local Sawyer cut my hemlock and spruce into real 2x4 2x6 2x8 2x12's

So you close your eyes when you bury the 20 nailhead into the soaking wet hemlock.

If anyone has friends on the west coast invite them east tomorrow

Where our magnetic and rotational axis poles were before is very interesting. Slightly more than 13,000 years ago one of our poles was centered on Greenwich, England. Time Traveling forward one of our Poles will be located near Ceylon, India. This is the old North pole headed over the Arctic currently. Our South Pole is currently headed  up South America to a location near San Palo, Brazil.  The new poles will not be freezing. Over the entire planet the weather will be extremely mild. Vegetation will receive water from dew and mild light rain at darkness. Winds will be mild making wind power often non-functional. The Equator will be shifted 80 degrees. Converting from the Egyptian calendar to the Gregorian calendar changes should be stable by May-June 2013. The equator will be length wise in the Atlantic off the east coast of America. 800 miles east of Boston, Massachusetts.

rumble/grumble
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »

K1DEU said:
I had the local Sawyer cut my hemlock and spruce into real 2x4 2x6 2x8 2x12's

I had nothing to do with it!!!!!  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA1GFZ

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »

May 21, at least we will get another Deerfield in before the sky falls down.
Mr. Mike should peddle the end of humanity sale. Might pick up some good deals for the next life.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

I had to check since it is April fool's day.
A Taylor hybrid is a golf club
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

Frank said:
A Taylor hybrid is a golf club

I have a couple Ping hybrids....  Cheesy

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »

I thought a hybrid was a Sollid State rig with Tube finals?

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »

Hybrid: A telephone interface comes to mind.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

50 Hz vs 60 Hz.  Japan has both so has a hard time doing load balancing.  I didn't realize this.  Article with a little description on some conversion technologies in IEEE Spectrum

http://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/the-smarter-grid/why-japans-fragmented-grid-cant-cope/?utm_source=techalert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=040711
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »

[/quote]

Funny, I suddenly have a strange urge to send a check to Newington.
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

Amazing that a country the size of Japan has two uncompatable power grids. Moregreat planning and forward thinking.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
K1DEU
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 11:54:13 PM »

Hydro generator technology Our American way. 

I doubt that I'm the only person who tried to read a book in the 50's and gave up in about 1 hour due to the 20 cycle flickering of the incandescent bulb. The physical size and weight of the pole distribution pigs were quite the challenge to support with wooden poles in loose soil. Next 40 cycles was tried and we could read a lot longer after sunset. Its too bad Niagara couldn't crank out 90-120 cycles per second with reasonable generator bearing life. 60 is way to lossy to most.  John, K1DEU
K5WLF
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:49 AM »

Hydro generator technology Our American way. 

I doubt that I'm the only person who tried to read a book in the 50's and gave up in about 1 hour due to the 20 cycle flickering of the incandescent bulb. The physical size and weight of the pole distribution pigs were quite the challenge to support with wooden poles in loose soil. Next 40 cycles was tried and we could read a lot longer after sunset. Its too bad Niagara couldn't crank out 90-120 cycles per second with reasonable generator bearing life. 60 is way to lossy to most.  John, K1DEU

I don't know where you were in the 1950s, but where I was growing up we had the same good ol' 60 cycle power that we've got now. Most of the battles over the "correct" frequency for AC lines were fought in the late 1890s and early 1900s. Seems to me you could get a higher frequency from the Niagara generators, at the same RPM and therefore the same bearing life, by increasing the number of poles in the generators.

ldb
K5WLF
K1DEU
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2011, 01:08:55 AM »

In the 50's I was getting juice on the Ontario Niagara Falls Grid which was twenty cycles per second where I would spend summers near London, Ontario learning everything about farming and how to repair it ourselves. Westinghouse first upgraded the American side, and only near the falls in Ontario. John, K1DEU

Notice in Tesla's generator design that generation and distribution would have been the proper efficient way to go for the future.  
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2011, 06:02:25 AM »

Memory tells me that Y2K was a computer thing......Maybe a naysayer connected it to the end of time. But anything with an IC in it or a microprocessor was doomed to fail and it would give a readout of some way out date and all record keeping would turn to Shi$.
The company I worked for paid some dude and his company $ 1 million to research all electronics that we used. We had to submit schematics and he would determine if it would pass or not. I was on stand-by at a remote microwave relay site along with the rest of the world waiting for some major failure of our backbone. I watched New Year eve celebrations from all over the world and the USA that night on a portable TV.

Fred KC4MOP
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »

The truth is;

Mayan Calender stopped in 2012 only because the dude ran out of room on the rock!

A small mysterious ending inscript just translated reads:

Continued on next rock!
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015