The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TMC GPR-90 Speaker: Reproduction Grille Cloth For Sale: All Sold!!!  (Read 3211 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: March 04, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »

I am offering a reproduction grille cloth for the relatively rare matching speaker unit for the TMC GPR-90 Receiver.

This speaker is actually identified as TMC Model GPS-1 (General Purpose Speaker-1). Another version of this speaker, and even rarer, was the model GPS-2. It was identical to the GPS-1, but the speaker cabinet was actually borrowed from the GSB-1 SSB Adaptor, so the cabinet depth is deeper when compared to the more popular and less costly GPS-1.

At any rate, the speaker grille cloth I am offering is virtually identical to the original and now-unavailable grille cloth materal, which was discontinued decades ago. It is extremely close to the original used by TMC in terms of color, type of weave, and fabric density.

The grille cloth is easily replaced by removing the speaker baffle board assembly (4 nuts) from the cabinet, separating the speaker from the baffle board (4 nuts), and removing the stapled-in-place original grille cloth. The replacement cloth is positioned in place and restapled to the wood baffle board with standard 1/4-inch upholstery staples and a staple gun. The speaker is remounted and the baffle is then replaced within the cabinet.

I had to purchase several yards of this material at significant cost, as it was a special order fabric, and I searched for quite some time before I was able to locate it.

The price for one replacement pre-cut grille cloth for one GPS-1 or GPS-2 speaker is $15.00 each, plus shipping via the US Postal Service.

Replace that dirty, nicotine-stained, faded, or damaged grille cloth on your GPR-90 speaker, and immediately transform it's appearance with a minimum of effort.

I may reached via personal e-mail at triodes@optonline.net

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015