The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:06:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to get hardware  (Read 5375 times)
W4RFM

« on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »

Is there a source other than hamfest junk tables and the "bay" for shaft hardware?
You know 1/4" shafts, couplers, insulators, etc.  I think Ocean used to have some of that, but I dont know where to find it anymore.  Anyone?

BOB / W4RFM  \\\\\\\"I have looked far and wide, (I also checked near and narrow)\\\\\\\"
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »

Max Gain Systems sells some of that stuff.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »

A little expensive... but they have stuff...

www.smallparts.com

If you were refering to Ocean State Electronics......

A quick google turns up information that would lead me to believe that they tanked.....

W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

Is there a source other than hamfest junk tables and the "bay" for shaft hardware?
You know 1/4" shafts, couplers, insulators, etc.  I think Ocean used to have some of that, but I dont know where to find it anymore.  Anyone?

Hi Bob,

Some of what you are looking for may be available from McMaster-Carr, of Dayton, NJ. I have bought tons of stainless-steel hardware and fasteners, 1/4-inch shafting, stand-offs and spacers, aircraft cable, etc., from them over the years. They are a pleasure to do business with, they usually ship the same day your order is placed, and their prices are reasonable with no minimum charge. The breadth of their product offerings is amazing, and they almost invariably have everything in stock. I don't think M-C ever had to back-order for me anything I had ordered.

Here is the link to their on-line catalog. I'm not sure they are still offering their 3-inch thick printed catalog, which is great to have on the shelf for reference purposes.

www.mcmaster.com

Try them, I think you'll like them!

I too have had good success with Small Parts Company, but McMaster-Carr overwhelmingly remains my supplier of choice for these kinds of items.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »

how about fair radio?  I don't know but it sounds like the kind of thing they might have.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »

Fair has a lot of 'stuff' not in the catalog. Best to call. I was happy with the 1/4" fiberglass poles of the driveway reflectors found at home despot.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »

I agree with Bruce. Mc M.C. is very good for hardware.
I also found some boat places a good source for hardware.
Fair had some HD insulated shafter couplers like the ones in my fugly tuner cheap a while back
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:16:36 PM »

Couple sources:

Robert, W0VMC  www.w0vmc.com  Just about anything you need, Robert has.  I have purchased all kinds of resistors, Caps, HV wire, Sockets, Tubes, switches, bandswitches and lots of iron including BIG HV iron from robert.

http://www.fairradio.com/  Fair radio always treated me right. If you call and explain what you need, They will normaly have it.  I have purchased tons of mil parts for T3, r390 and R390A from these guys. Also hard to find tubes.

C
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:39 AM »

Some of that stuff by Millen may still be in Radiokit inventory, PM with a list for availability.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015