The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Collins 30K-4 Transmitter  (Read 5658 times)
W1UJR
« on: January 04, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Collins 30K-4 Transmitter

Have my commercial 30K-4 transmitter for sale.
Realistically with my existing 30K amateur unit I don't have the need for two 30K series of transmitters in the shack.
Has coil sets for 160 and 75 meters, dual output networks so changing between bands is just a turn of a switch.
Complete set up, have both original and copied manuals, documentation and some spares.

I've done the hard part, have it cleaned and working, you can just enjoy operating, or handle the details.
Located in coastal Maine, local pickup only, quite rare so its worth the ride if you are looking for a complete unit.

Photos on the "Bruce's Bench 2007" page -->> http://www.w1ujr.net/bruces_bench_2007.htm and will email others.
Shoot me an email if interested, will send back all the details.

Thanks!

MECHANICAL DESCRIPTION

OVERALL DIMENSIONS

30K Transmitter Unit: 21-7/8" wide x 66-1/2" high x 18-15/16" deep including control knobs on front and door handle and antenna feedthrus on rear.

310A Exciter Unit: 17-1/4" wide a 10-11/16" high x 13-7/16" deep including control knobs on front.

WEIGHT - 30K Transmitter Unit - 355 lbs.

FINISH - Both the transmitter unit and the exciter unit are finished in St. James Gray wrinkle finish with polished stainless steel trim.

CONSTRUCTION - The cabinet of the 30K Transmitter Unit is constructed of heavy sheet steel plates formed and welded together. Access to all units is through a full length rear door. Access to the tubes in the Model 310A Exciter Unit is through a hinged top cover.

W1UJR 30K-4 Rig - Rear and Interior View

Collins 30K-1 - Ham Model Below - Commercial Unit Slightly Different
Gives You The Idea

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015