The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:58:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF Spectrum analyzer for computer - recommendations?  (Read 100242 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »

here is a spectrum analyzer, inexpensive, works with any scope or optionally works with the computer sound card, still mostly analog, as a kit or as completed modules:
http://www.science-workshop.com/

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »

Only about $500, plus time to assemble, put in an enclosure.....

Some cool features...

But I really like in the desciption of it's features and design principals, it says:   " Isn't half a loaf better than none?.. "
 Grin

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »

here is a spectrum analyzer, inexpensive, works with any scope or optionally works with the computer sound card, still mostly analog, as a kit or as completed modules:
http://www.science-workshop.com/

I bought the various kit pieces back in the early 90's at Dayton. By early Saturday afternoon, they were sold out of everything. The complete design was part of a Ham Radio Magazine article(s) back in the 70's. Worked fine for what it was. Still have it around here somewhere. Use it with a Tek 465 scope.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »

It's all in the case, the presentation. It is left to the builder to make the case as he sees fit. Except for the case shown on the website, others I found didn't thrill me much. It was almost like the builders just threw the guts in a box. Maybe I missed a real nice looking one though. Might be kind of cool in a heavy 1/4" aluminum rackmount with black crackle paint, chrome handles, big black knobs, and a really old school numerical display instead of the LCD. There is an aircraft instrument somewhere that has a "999 plus tick marks" set of reels inside. A retrospectacle.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2011, 09:37:08 PM »

http://lists.openhpsdr.org/pipermail/hpsdr-openhpsdr.org/2009-August/010406.html

We were talking before about hurting the Mercury receiver front end with static, etc.  Here's a post about a guy who put 16 watts into a Mercury for 30 seconds.  They appear to be pretty robust.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015