The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:14:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRO in the 445 nanometer band  (Read 21624 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »

CATS ?!?!?!?!!

Dasss right! ! ! ! after about the 10th time you have to clean up your yard afta dem katz tore up yo garbage You start to feel that way. If you could off them without drawing any attention to yoself you might consider it a few times  Grin  Grin

The dogs are doing it and blaming it on the cats. At least that's what happens here. A pack of dogs chases a cat up onto the garbage can and in the process turn it over and disperse the garbage. The cat is left trying to hide or escape and is found at the scene. There are 4 or 5 stray cats around here, two are rather large, and I have yet to see one turning over a huge garbage can or shredding a garbage bag. They will investigate garbage bags just like anything else, but they work alone and make little holes, whereas dogs make large holes and work in groups to disperse and sample the garbage. But who am I to argue with what happens at your place? Maybe you got some very large and determined cats around there.

One thing I have considered for repelling pests is a pulse from an SSY-1 Nd:YAG laser, but I can't get it to deliver much energy as it is. The Q-switch has not been removed. SAM's Laser FAQ http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm is very interesting reading for a variety of laser types and topics.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »

Interesting follow-up to this thread:

On the news today -   Commercial pilots have recently filed DOZENS of reports of high powered lasers being pointed at them while trafficking at Newark Airport.  Yikes.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »

On the news today -  Pilots of commercial flights have recently made DOZENS of reports of high power lasers being pointed at them while landing at Newark Airport.  Yikes.

Why do people do these things? I would like to get into their thinking pattern.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »

" Why do people do these things? I would like to get into their thinking pattern. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijrP-fEmyU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANLgQG-VKyc

next question .... ..

klc

What? Me worry?
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »

Well thanks, Now I'll be watching old Frank all night Grin Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015