Info on Tek 465 : physical dimensions, and original list price

(1/2) > >>

AB2EZ:
Hi!

I'm looking for some information regarding Tektronix 465 oscilloscopes:

1. What are the physical dimensions (amazingly, I can't find these in the manuals available on line at BAMA etc.) H x W x D?

2. Approximately when (what year) did these first become available from Tektronix?

3. When they first became available, what was the approximate list price?

Thanks
Stu

WQ9E:
Stu,

This link provides the dimensions:  http://www.wgunkel.com/eBayFolder/ScopeData.htm#467_475_475A_specs

My old Tektronix catalogs are boxed up now.  It is surprising the manual didn't include the dimension info since Tektronix is generally very detailed with all of the specifications.

AB2EZ:
Rodger

Thanks!

Stu

WQ9E:
Stu,

A little more information on catalog prices from notes: 

465 $1,825 (1975)
465B $3,500 priced with DM-44 (1982)

I have a 475A/DM-44 which had some power supply issues which are pretty common.  The problem is not major/expensive to repair and I imagine the 465 probably is very similar.  I recall that some of the early production 465 are prone to capacitor failure in the power supply.

W3SLK:
Let me step up and announce how rugged this o-scope truly is. During rough weather over in the Arabian Sea, I was slammed into the bulkhead numerous times while carrying a 465. Likewise it was slammed right along with me. Like Cameron Swaze used to say about Timex, "It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands