The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearfest Forecast ?  (Read 8746 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« on: October 11, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »

Hope not!

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:37:55 PM »

Err.... I just looked. The real forecast looks similar. The last week of WX here has  been perfect. It's still early <fingers  crossed>.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »

NEAR-Fest forecast is for open gates Friday by 9, closed by 6 Saturday. Next chance is next May.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »

Here ya go:  

If I have to work Friday & Sat it will be sunny and mild with few clouds highs in the low 70's

If I DON'T have to work, it will be 33 degrees, in blowing rain mixed with snow, ice and some guy named Noah, with a big boat will be taking the tickets at the gate.

So far I it looks like I'm working... but that depends on some contractors finishing up Thursday.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

NEAR-Fest forecast is for open gates Friday by 9, closed by 6 Saturday. Next chance is next May.
You know I will be there Todd. This was just too funny to resist.
After about 50 weekends with no rain, here it comes!

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:46:15 AM »

You're always there Carl which is why you find the good stuff while others whine "I didn't go because they said it was gonna rain".  The WX is what the WX is, and more often than not, it's not exactly what they promise.  Wink

Ed, I think if you have to work you should skip out, that should guarantee good results all around.

See you folks there in a few days, I'm off and running.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »

A good Noreaster is predicted which wont keep away us hardy New Englanders, just the wimps from down south Roll Eyes

Its been 3 years today that we had the 500 year floods up here.

wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:42 PM »

The forecast today looks worse for Friday than Saturday..but give it a day and it'll change again..ya gotta love New England!!..I'll be der hawking my wares for dirt cheap..then off to say hi to Todd/Al/Pete etc etc..be there or be square!   73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

I'm looking at going up Saturday early. I hope Todd will still give me pecans if I show up late. Us wimps from down south see no value in standing in a wind driven rain or walking by covered tables. I can't see blowing a vacation day to suffer.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

I'll be heading up Fri aft. If it looks OK I'll stop by. If not then I'll hit the Portsmouth brewpub and show up early Sat AM

Carl

w1vtp

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

I hafta go into work Friday.  Roll Eyes  I plan on being at Fester Sat
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 04:26:04 PM »

Flood watch for the area all day Friday:
http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USNH0052:1?phenomena=FA&significance=A&areaid=NHZ013&office=KGYX&etn=0007

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
w1vtp

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

Flood watch for the area all day Friday:<SNIP>

Primarily in flood prone areas.  Near rivers that might overflow.  A sure bet will be along the Connecticut river but areas bounding the Adnroscoggin river may be hard hit.  

I think Fester should probably post a Mud Watch er.. make that Mud WARNING.  Bring yer galoshes and umbrellas.  The parking lot is pretty sandy but watch out fer wet spots if it really becomes a deluge - 'specially towing that 100 lb BA across to yer tailgate
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »

It's not raining here (Northwood, NH) yet!

Bill KA8WTK
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »

It did rain on Friday and by 10:00 AM "Lake Deerfield" was larger than we had ever seen it,  However the heavy downpour that greeted us at dawn subsided to an occasional shower by noon.  There were sporatic showers in the afternoon but it didn't seem to impede the commerce and socializing that was taking place everywhere we looked.

I am happy to report that about 800 of the "Hard Core" showed up to brave the elements.  It was heartwarming to see them.  We all got wet but I am sure everyone there had a great time. 

Saturday was a nice crisp New England fall day.  There were some great deals and I am sure that everyone went home dry and happy.

See you next April 29th and 30th.

MisterMike

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »

I am happy to report that about 800 of the "Hard Core" showed up to brave the elements.  It was heartwarming to see them.  We all got wet but I am sure everyone there had a great time. 

I'm glad I grew out of this years ago.  Tongue Tongue  No flea market is that important.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »

I got a bad cold one year after standing in the cold rain so agree Pete. No shortage of stuff in my shack. I did come home with a bunch of stuff I needed but pretty tired after driving 6 hours and walking all day.
I don't know why the time has been moved out so far but would prefer better weather and I bet it would attract more people.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 05:38:05 PM »

I'm glad I grew out of this years ago.  Tongue Tongue  No flea market is that important.

If we don't support the guys who work so hard to set this up, by showing up, then these flea markets will fade away.  A little bad weather made if slightly less enjoyable but still good.  The buying stuff is good, and Beats EVIL BAY hands down.  But it's also about getting to have eyeball QSO's...

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »

Mike,
Bad WX on one day but overall the 8 hour trip. Thanks to you and the crew for keeping the event going 

Carl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015