The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CLEAN Heathkit Apache TX-1 at NEAR-Fest  (Read 8522 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: October 11, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

This unit doesn't look like it ever saw much use. Aside from some light freckling on the large transformers and the usual cracks in the band drum edges, the inside looks like new. Outside does too, paint is nice as are the front panel and knobs. Still has the original Apache sticker on the rear of the cabinet. The only thing I've done to it is add nylon washers beneath the panel screws to preserve the front panel. I believe it is "stock"(as built by the original owner) beyond that.

It has been on the air, I used it last spring briefly to make a few contacts including WA2PJP on Long Island. He reported a slight hum on the signal, so expect to change out a few caps and perhaps tubes. Beyond that it seemed to work fine, 100+ watts out. Best of all, prices for the EL-34/6CA7 modulator tubes have come way down in recent years with AES getting $37 for a matched set of the Mullard re-issues.

$285 obo. Comes with original manual and fused power cord. You'd have a tough time finding a cleaner example. No shipping, pickup available at NEAR-Fest. You can reach me here via PM or via email, my callsign at gmail dotcom.

* Apache1.JPG (335.05 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 1621 times.)

* Apache2.JPG (355.2 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 1653 times.)

* Apache3.JPG (506.37 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 1610 times.)

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »

To the amazement of everyone who looked at it, this transmitter did not sell at NEAR-Fest. Plenty of comments on how clean it was, how cheap it was for the condition, and so on.

Still for sale, $275 or best offer. No Shipping unless you want to make the arrangements, as this thing is too heavy and too nice to trust to FedEx or UPS. Gotta be 100 lbs or close.

Available for pickup in the Raleigh/Durham NC area. Willing to meet a buyer within a reasonable distance for the cost of fuel.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a cleaner, working unit for this price.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015