Noise when tuning in/through signal

(1/5) > >>

Edward Cain:
   I just finished recapping my SX-62 and listening with it for the first time (I recapped it before I ever powered it up).
   I notice when tuning in to a signal or through a signal I can hear noise as if I was adjusting the volume with a noisy audio pot. After tuning the signal, the noise disappears and the audio sounds good. I don't remember ever noticing this type of behavior on any of my other receivers.
   Anyone have any ideas what may be causing it?

Thanks,
Ed

Edward Cain:
I forgot to mention that the audio pot isn't noisy. I can't reproduce the noise by adjusting volume.

Pete, WA2CWA:
Personally, I never replace any components until I know what problems I'm trying to fix.

Anyway, noise, in AM mode, FM mode, all modes? Did you put a scope on it at any points in the circuitry?

KA8WTK:
Maybe a dumb question, but did you realine after replacing the caps?

Edward Cain:
Hi Pete and Bill,
   Bill, I haven't realigned it yet.
   Pete, after reading your questions, I've found that it only occurs in FM. So far the only FM I've received is FM broadcast. I haven't put a scope on it cause I don't know where or what I'm looking for other than what my ears are hearing.
   I recapped it before powering up cause I didn't want to be the next guy to lose his audio xformer due to bad caps.

Thanks,
Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands