The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:51:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Toyota's Corps. sudden Acceleration Problems still unresolved.  (Read 85452 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »

Apparently the report exonerates Toyota and any electronic issues.  There's no evidence of an EMI/RFI or software issue according to reports.

So the question is what caused it. Is it an end-user issue?

Now the US gov. has an issue, the US Congress, specifically. They brought the CEO and all the head honcho's from Toyota and ripped them a new one without anything to substantiate their claims and cost Toyota a big amount of cash.  Talk about embarrassment and eating crow and the gov. keeps on ticking like nothing happened.  Must be nice not to incur any liabilities or have to answer to failings.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
W8EJO

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »

Apparently the report exonerates Toyota and any electronic issues.  There's no evidence of an EMI/RFI or software issue according to reports.

So the question is what caused it. Is it an end-user issue?

Heres a clue:

"These "electronic defects" apparently discriminate against the elderly, just as the sudden acceleration of Audis and GM autos did before them. In the 24 cases where driver age was reported or readily inferred, the drivers included those of the ages 60, 61, 63, 66, 68, 71, 72, 72, 77, 79, 83, 85, 89--and I'm leaving out the son whose age wasn't identified, but whose 94-year-old father died as a passenger."   

Full article here:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/03/how-real-are-the-defects-in-toyotas-cars/37448/

They brought the CEO and all the head honcho's from Toyota and ripped them a new one without anything to substantiate their claims and cost Toyota a big amount of cash.  Talk about embarrassment and eating crow and the gov. keeps on ticking like nothing happened.  Must be nice not to incur any liabilities or have to answer to failings.

If you know who the big GM shareholders are now (post bankruptcy & screwing over all those mom & pop suppliers) i.e., US Govt & UAW, you'll realize this was a well aimed salvo at a big competitor & "embarrassment and eating crow" are the last thing on their minds.

Terry, W8EJO

Freedom and liberty - extremist ideas since 1776.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015