The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad car accident, wife is unconscious in the hospital  (Read 45905 times)
VE3GZB

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2010, 11:28:54 PM »

Phil - AC0OP : Wow!! Yea, you always hear about this kind of stuff, then it happens in your life and nothing in the world can prepare you for it!

WD5JKO - I don't want her love and my feelings to turn into a monument though....what has happened to her is the most un-natural, cruel and heartless thing that can happen to a human being and to a family. But thank you all the same. Yes when the issue moves me, I can enjoy writing, but I could never do it for money. Too passionless.

Yvonne's EEG results came in. He said it. "Normal and no seizures".

I was stunned and I asked him to repeat it. "Normal and no seizures".

Then I repeated it back to him to make sure I heard it correctly and he said yes.

My GOD, I could have kissed his feet at that point!!!! I was so flooded with happiness that she has a normal EEG!

When I arrived and they let me in for visiting, they were just getting her set up. And as opposed to before when she exhibited no gag reflex, this time she did! And during the gag reflex she opened her eyes briefly, for about 4 seconds! I tried to make contact with her but I don't know if she saw me.

Then later while I was just sitting with her and holding her hand, spelling the kids names, my name and her name on her stomach, I noticed REM beneath her eyelids several times!

I asked the neurosurgeon about this. He can only give a non-committal answer to me, but he made his non-committal answer in such a way that reinforced that she could be dreaming while in a coma!

I saw another patient, a 30 year old young woman with her mother. The 30 year old was in a coma due to some brain lesion or something. She fell into a coma and her vital signs were falling. Her heart rate was stumbling and the doctors explained to the mother that if her daughter continues, she might not make it and perhaps funeral plans might be necessary.

The mother didn't give up, she told the doctors to not give up.

I saw the young woman. She did wake out of her coma and she was able to understand my questions, though she did not answer verbally.

I'm going there tomorrow too, but not for all day as I did today. I have to get ready for work tomorrow night.

I won't lie about my emotions. I am scared without her and scared of losing her to this tragedy. Sometimes the fear rises up in me like rabid squirrels and I feel like I'm going nuts!
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2010, 03:46:35 AM »

I'm glad for the normal EEG results. Sounds like she is a tough one and not giving up at all. Prayer changes things. I really believe it.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
VE3GZB

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »

I was in the hospital by her side for nearly 5 hours yesterday.

I'm going again today. I spelled all of our names on her stomach or arm, whichever made more sense to spell on.

And in case a fragment of her hearing has returned, I spoke to her softly, telling her about the things the kids are doing, telling her that Matthew needs her to come back because without her he's not focusing on his homework, and Krista needs her to come back too.

Me too, I need her to come back. Many more things I did tell her. I held her left hand and kissed her forehead. She responded to that.

God, how fragile is life! People live every day and don't think about these things and then suddenly WHAM it's upon you and there's no turning back. We really need, as a society and as a species, to learn to cherish the little things more and not fuss so much over things that don't really matter.

I'm still waking during the night time, but falling back to sleep isn't as hard as it was. I still need sedatives to help me sleep.

Mostly we all still need many heartfelt, enduring prayers until she's out of the woods and comes back to consciousness.

Please share your hope with the family (she has family and friends in Europe as well as in North America), share your prayers and keep her in your heart when you pray today.

http://yvonneonthemend.blogspot.com/

73s, temporarily silent key until she returns, geo, VE3GZB
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015