The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad car accident, wife is unconscious in the hospital  (Read 45925 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 12:44:54 AM »

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Yvonne.

Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
N0WVA

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 01:38:23 AM »

I'm exhausted but I have a gut feeling that she's out of danger now. I can't explain the source of the gut feeling but it's the same source that bugged me all afternoon that something was very wrong, yet I couldn't understand why I felt that way (I only learned of all of this after I came home, just after 6 pm).

My mom was once at a friends house and my dad was on his way home from work. Mom all of a sudden got sick and scared and started crying saying something had happened to dad. Half hour later she got a call that his car had flipped over and he had some injuries.

There is definately something to that "gut feeling". Ive seen enough to know its real. There is a mental link but however it works is unexplainable.

Hoping she will be alright and you will be at peace.
N5RLR
Extra With A Side Of Fries

Supremely Lurking

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 05:03:24 AM »

Yes, "gut feelings" are inexplicable, but they're real, as far as I'm concerned.

My thoughts and prayers are with your wife, you, and your family, Geo.

Michael

Licensed Since 1990  Cheesy
VE3GZB

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 06:51:46 AM »

It's 6:50 am, I could barely sleep. I phoned the hospital. Yvonne is out of surgery now. She's still unconscious, this is worrying the doctors because they feel she should be awake by now. She's going for a CT scan next.

Sad
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »

Geo,
I know it must be tuff not being able to get to her right now but I am sure she would not want you to travel in such bad conditions.  Hopefully the road conditions will improve and you will be able to be with your wife soon.  In the mean time sharing your thoughts with all your friends is a great thing to do.  Right now try to think positive since nothing good comes out of thinking anything other than positive.  Yes, she has some progress to make, but as you said, she is a strong lady and I am sure will fight hard.  We will keep both of you in our prayers. Keep your thoughts flowing to your friends as you see fit.
Best Wishes and Sincerely,
Joe, W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »

Geo,
Call your local police/sheriff/constable and ask if they could transport you.
The worst they can so is no! They may be able to find you a way in.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »

We're all with you Geo.
The very best to Yvonne.
From what you say, she's a wonderful woman.

RICK  *W3RSW*
VE3GZB

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »

We're all going down this morning. Her parents are flying in from Florida today. Just got off the phone, Yvonne is still unconscious, doctors are worried.

I talked on the phone to step-daughter who was driving. She's badly shaken and not badly injured. Car is a writeoff, police say no charges are being laid. It was a combination of snow drifts and black ice I have been told.

73s
geo
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »

Our prayers are with you George. I hope everything works out for the best.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
wa2dtw

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »

George
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Yvonne.
Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.
Steve
WA2DTW
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »

Geo,
       Our best thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. We will pray for her to have a speedy recovery.

Hang on closely to your friends and family for support through these hard times. It is amazing how mch their support really does to get you through times like this.

When I was in the hospital a month ago, they didnt know whether or not I was going to make it.  If it wasen't for the for the support from our neighbors, a few close friends, and AM ham radio community, my poor wife probably would have fallen apart. Their support kept her going, which in tern kept me going. I cannot thank everyone enough.

Dont be afraid or ashamed to lean on those close to you for support through these hard times. They will get you through!

Best of luck to both of you and we send our prayers as well.

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
VE3GZB

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »

Photos of the car wreckage, taken about 1 hour ago. Yvonne was on the right side.

http://99.239.154.87/crash/

That's the final drive gear that landed on the seat behind the driver.
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »

Geo,

You and your family are in our thoughts here.

Rob

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

Really sorry to hear of this George.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.  Hope she has a speedy recovery!

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
w1vtp

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »

Geo

I am sorry to hear of your wife's bad car accident.  I'm certainly praying for a miraculous recovery

God bless, Al
ve6pg

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

..my thoughts are with you george.  hope all is going to be ok.  how are you holding up?..

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »

Just getting up to speed on this--internet out past 3 days at home QTH--so sorry to read about this George & praying for ur family

Rob

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
VE3GZB

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »

We just got home from the hospital. Yvonne is breathing with the help of a ventilator. Her BP and heart rate are ok. But she's still unconscious though no sedatives have been added.

I held her hand and let her know I was there. Gradually I saw her BP increase when I did this. She also moved slightly her lower jaw, lower lip and very slightly moved her head.

I want so much to bring her home and look after her, but that wouldn't work of course. I have to be patient....but she's so damned irreplacible. How do you stop needing that which is irreplacible and precious?

In a way she is better off than those of us who miss her - we're conscious and feel the emotions of her absence from our lives at this moment.....I hope she feels the same way while in her unconscious state and is able to come back to us very soon!
Jeff W9GY

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »

My thoughts an prayers are with you, George.  I came close to losing my wife a few years back and know your feelings.  May God bring her healing and return her to you soon.

Jeff  W9GY Calumet, Michigan
(Copper Country)
VE3GZB

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »

I just called the hospital. Yvonne is showing movement now in her left arm (right arm is too banged up in a cast), her head, her left leg and her fingers!!!

I KNEW that holding her hand, being close to her, telling her I loved her (she's deaf so it's done with single-handed sign language, pressure only) was the right thing to do!!! I just knew it!!

She's not out of the woods yet but this is a step in the right direction!

73s
Ed W1XAW
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »

Dear George:

My prayers go out to you and your wife.   We went through a similar episode with my dad a year ago tomorrow.   He could definitely tell we were there and after a couple of days he opened his eyes a little.   Just keep positive thoughts and hope for the best.   The doctor told us that people sometimes just come out of it within a short period.   

Very best,   Ed
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »

Geo,

I was in her position not that long ago,  and being there makes a lot of difference. have as much family as you can muster with her as much as possible during the next week. the next milestone will be if she feels pain on her right side. If she does thats a GOOD thing, because it means her nerves are working and her brain is receiving and transmitting signals there, which is good news, not bad.

It may be too soon to tell right now,  but it will settle in on it's own accord. you cant rush anything neurological. the brain has it's own timetable.

VE3GZB

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »

That's ok, as long as she's still got a heartbeat, I've still got a lifetime to give her.
N5RLR
Extra With A Side Of Fries

Supremely Lurking

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:11 AM »

Geo, when I read about Yvonne being on a ventilator, I'd a painful flashback to my older brother's final hospital stay in June of last year.  He was on intravenous propofol from when he arrived until his death.  I've no proof, just a suspicion, that he may have succumbed to an overdose.

If at all possible, please don't allow this to be given to Yvonne; or if no alternative, only under rigid control.  Just my thoughts, you understand.

Thank goodness she's showing movement.  May she make a full recovery.

Michael

Licensed Since 1990  Cheesy
VE3GZB

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2010, 06:54:58 AM »

It's 6:54 am. I phoned the hospital. She remains unconscious but her left arm is slowly showing more motion. She's going for an MRI today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015