The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:16:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad car accident, wife is unconscious in the hospital  (Read 45903 times)
VE3GZB

« on: January 27, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »

I got home to find this out today. She's got broken bones on her right side, her daughter was driving and they hit some ice and spun out.

Your good thoughts would be appreciated at this time.

73s
geo
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »

Very sorry to hear about Geo, one never know when they leave home what is in store for them. I pray that your wife gets well quickly.If there is good news here, apparently her daughter did not get hurt.

Looks like you'll be doing all the chores for now.

Regards  Terry

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KC2IFR
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:47:28 PM »

Geo,
My thoughts are with u and your family....
Think good thoughts........

Bill
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

Sorry to hear that Geo,

Hope all turns out ok.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
VE3GZB

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »

I told her this morning to please drive safely.....I didn't know that her daughter was going to do the driving on the way back.

And all day long I kept having these awful gut-feelings...something was wrong and I didn't know what. I was even tempted to stop by the hospital in Orangeville on the way home....but I figured it was just my imagination.

I saw the highway on the way home was closed by the cops....again gut feeling was acting up but I figured it was just some other redneck cowboy trucker who was trying to go up the hill and lost control (that happens a lot around here).

Stopping by the Orangeville hospital wouldn't have done any good anyway, Yvonne's in Toronto's St. Mikes hospital now, airlifted there with multiple broken bones on the right side and unconscious. Her brother, sister in law, sister and kids are all there and I'm sitting by the phone waiting for updates (it's a 2 hour drive to there, I'm shaking too damn much to drive right now, I'll wait by the phone for updates from the family).

Kids are ok, no damage to them, but they're shaken up of course.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »

praying for you and yours.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
VE3GZB

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 06:58:40 PM »

Just got off the phone with sister-in law. Injuries have been upgraded to life threatening, there's brain swelling involved. After the car spun out apparently a grave truck hit it.

I'm 2 hours away and feel so damned helpless!!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:02:42 PM »

Hang in there, take a deep breath, it sounds like she's getting the best of care.

Bill
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:11:27 PM »

You need to be on your way to the hospital.  Please be by her side.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
WQ9E

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »

Contact one of your friends/neighbors to drive you; I am sure under the circumstances that many will be most willing to help.

Two hours is a long way but if one of my neighbors had this happen I would definitely not hesitate to drive the spouse to the hospital. 

Rodger WQ9E
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »

Contact one of your friends/neighbors to drive you;

I couldn't agree more. She will want you by her side. I know that's the way Margaret and I are.

Our prayers are with you and your wife and family.

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
VA3AEX
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »

Geo,
I am really sorry to hear about your news and my thoughts are with you and your family.

73  Alex
VE3GZB

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »

I just called St. Mikes now. She's going into surgery right now. She'll be in surgery for several hours starting from now, they had to drill a hole to relieve pressure on her brain and her whole right side is smashed up, everything.

Her vital signs have stabilized though! Thank God!

Neighbours aren't home, nobody to drive me and I'm too much a nervous wreck to go anywhere.

I'll try to call her parents again, they're in Florida and I think they're flying up.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »

God bless you and protect your wife!

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N3TL
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »

I'm sending up prayers for you, Geo, for her, and for her doctors. Hang in there as best you can. I know that's much easier said than done.

Tim - N3TL
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »

Hope everything works out well, Geo.

Unexpected events like this certainly are tough to handle.

All our best for your wife's speedy recovery, OM.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
VE3GZB

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »

Sister in law is heading back home now, she called me, told me just stay home because it's too far of drive to try, still snowing outside now, hands are shaking, not concentrating.

Yvonne is in surgery right now, doctors stabilized her vital signs, put in a bore hole to relieve brain pressure and stopped bleeding on her right side. According to her brother, her whole right side has broken bones.

Car spun on ice into the path of a big damned gravel truck.

Mein liebechen, Yvonne.

* DSC_0013.JPG (714.8 KB, 2256x1496 - viewed 649 times.)
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:00:23 PM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, her and the entire family Geo.  Times like these make me reflect upon my own graces and prompt me towards gratitude.  She appears to be a strong woman and I will choose to believe the best possible outcome, total recovery, is inevitable.

God bless you all.

AMI#1684
VE3GZB

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »

Thanks. Yes she's a farm girl!

Here's a picture of her when she was little.

* chuckenhug.jpg (91.64 KB, 1077x722 - viewed 593 times.)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »

Sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.
K5WLF
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »

Geo, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Yvonne. Hang in there, my friend. She needs you and your strength right now.

ldb
VE3GZB

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 09:39:02 PM »

Road conditions must have deteriorated quite a bit. They closed much of highway 9 here.

Along the red line, where that grey kite-shaped thing is? That's where her accident happened, and Grand Valley is just above that. Her accident happened this afternoon around 1:30 today and this snapshot was taken at 9:30 pm.

I talked to her brother and my parents some more. Either her brother or her sister are staying in the hospital overnight, then we'll all go down to see her tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be awake/conscious.

I'm exhausted but I have a gut feeling that she's out of danger now. I can't explain the source of the gut feeling but it's the same source that bugged me all afternoon that something was very wrong, yet I couldn't understand why I felt that way (I only learned of all of this after I came home, just after 6 pm).

I'll try to get some sleep. The kids are sleeping over at the farm.

Good night and please keep praying for her? She's the incredible sweetheart of my life and if I didn't have her love, I'd just fall apart into a puddle of genes.

73s
geo

* Highway_closed.jpg (61.22 KB, 688x558 - viewed 597 times.)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »

geo,

keep us updated on her progress. I cant pray christian prayers, but I'll bundle up as much positive energy as I can and cast them her way tonight.
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »

Geo,
Very sorry to hear about this!

Brett
WA2TTP Steve

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 12:43:31 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Yvonne. Go to her side as soon as you can. It's been shown that people in her condition can hear and feel the touch of your hand on hers. It's calming to them and they do better.

Thanks for sharing this with us. You can see that you have many friends on this list.

God Bless You.

Steve,
WA2TTP
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015