The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACTO-Cam is on the air  (Read 3471 times)
K9ACT
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »

Remember when Rush came up with the Ditto Cam  as a way to get people to pay to "enjoy" his program?

Well, today is a groundbreaking day for the Noon Time Forum.

You can now enjoy the multi media version of the NTF right on your computer, anywhere in the world, without a radio and without even being a ham.

This is my first small step to billionairedom and I won't even mention the subscription price until I get some of the warts out of the system.

The video streaming is slower than slow, the audio is a temp lashup that sounds as bad as it looks.

The Noon Time Forum airs every weekday on 3870 at Noon local time.

For the free introductory period, you can stream the video and audio by going to

http://www.ustream.tv

Type Noon Time Forum into the search box and select from the thumbnails that pop up.

I will be waiting with bated breath to hear all your comments and probably to find out that it is illegal.

Jack K9ACT

K9ACT
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

The thundering non-reaction to my recent venture is most interesting but in case anyone tuned into the streaming Noon Time Forum yesterday, I thought I would update the status.

It was lots of fun with about 11 total viewers and about half of them on the radio also. The rest apparently just lurkers.

I fixed the audio last night and it is now about as good as it can get over the air.  The secret weapon was VAC and Audio Repeater.

I was not happy with the video so upon the advice of W9AD, I looked into stickam and set it up this morning.  It seems to be a lot better but it might just be a time of day thing.

Anyway, we will be on again today at Noon Chi time on 3870 and streaming from:

http://www.stickam.com/  When you get there search for K9ACT and find a live button or my face or whatever works.

It is also possible for anyone with streaming to hook in so we can sort of pass it around the table.  I have not worked this out yet.

Let me know what you think,

Jack
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »

QUOTE:
I will be waiting with bated breath to hear all your comments and probably to find out that it is illegal.

Jack K9ACT

Well Jack YOU know that if it's illegal we can't be associated with it..................HA!

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

Video on Jacks ACTO cam would go good with stereo AM.  Anyone ever experiment with stereo AM.  I wonder what the rules are on HF. But naturally, there's the issue of receiving stereo AM.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
K9ACT
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 06:55:42 PM »

Video on Jacks ACTO cam would go good with stereo AM.  Anyone ever experiment with stereo AM.  I wonder what the rules are on HF. But naturally, there's the issue of receiving stereo AM.

The real issue is coming up with a reason.  You could run back and forth between two microphones twenty feet apart and make clopping noises to emphasize the moving, sort of like the guy in Stan Frieberg's version of Banana Boat.

But while I am at it, Ustream did not work out and we are now streaming at Stickam.com

The link is at the top of my QRZ page or...

http://www.stickam.com/k9act

It has really been fun and we have about 40 lurkers and about 5 hams with cams on every day.

jack

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »

I was in a QSO quite a few years ago and the discussion turned to having a video camera in the shack so we could see each other. Someone quickly quipped, "Why in the hell would anyone want to look at me, as I sit here in my dirty T-shirt with a few food stains on it from lunch, my face unshaven (it is the weekend), and my fat gut hanging out as I swill down a beer?"

AM stereo has been in use for quite a few years by Jerry, WA2FNQ. You can hear his signal in stereo (assuming your computer has stereo capability) at the link below.

http://www.amwindow.org/audio/htm/wa2fnq.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015