The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kwood TS-570 on AM  (Read 5920 times)
AC4R
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

Hello All,

Looking for tips, suggestions on setting a Kenwood TS-570D up for AM operation, menu settings, etc .  Any help is appreciated.

TNX
AC4R
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »

F,

ON the AMfone main page look for the tab "AM Window". Click on the tab, when you get there, click on the Tech section. There you will find Tutorial; click on this which will give you "How to set up a modern day tranceiver for AM."

Or, click on the following .....

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/tutor.htm

Welcome aboard da board

klc

What? Me worry?
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »

1.) Run no more than 15 watts carrier.  10 watts seems to produce the cleanest nearly 100% modulation envelope.  Select AM by pressing the FM AM until AM is displayed on the LCD panel.  Press the PWR button and dial down from 25 watts to 10 watts via the MULTI/CH ).  20 or 25 watts will produce downward modulation. (not good, this is bad) I know this because I watch it on my oscilloscope.  

2.) Get some headphones and plug them into the headphone jack.  Press the MENU button and use the MULTI/CH selector and move to menu item 47 which is TX MONITOR... using the DOWN and UP buttons bring your monitor level to about 3 or 4.  

3.) Set your MIC gain down to about 25 and transmit into a dummy load while listening to your audio in the headphones.  Adjust your mic gain upward for a clear intelligable audio.

4.) Switch to your antenna system and Call or Answer a CQ in AM.  Have fun.  For added fun, run your 10 watts into a Linear Amplifier per the instructions for AM operation.  

73 and hope to hear you on the air!  
John KX5JT

AMI#1684
AC4R
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

Thanks for the help.

Any AM ops on the board in the Columbus, GA> Phenix City  area ?
WA4JK

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:01:57 AM »

Your doing good Fred with the 570. Stack the 811's behind it and you'll be just fine in the southeast. Good to Mod you the past couple of days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015