The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tube Tester Updates??  (Read 3574 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »

Hi All..got a general type of question about tube testers..I own two testers most likely manufactured in the late 40's to late 50's just guessing at it from the date on the manual covers..a Sylvania Electric type 220 and Radio City Products Co model 808..those of you who do have testers may have hit the same stumbling block I have..what about "newer" tubes?..how can you test?..for instance I'll pick one like a 6DQ5..not there!..both will check RF output tubes such as 6146 2E26 807 811 812 and so on..in the stack of Radio and TV News mags from this era I see reprints of supplements for owners of other name brand testers being given............So my question is: Is there a resource place where one could go to obtain this "supplemented" info pertaining to their particular tester?..no way can I be the only one trying to find this..or maybe I am..Last comment..I am not a "lazy" guy..me and Mr Putor never see eye to eye..I have tried to search for the info on the web but just maybe it ain't there or I'm too computor illiterate to find it..thanks all and 73 from frosty "Moose Country"!!                     de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
KE6DF

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »

Here is a guy on ebay offing newer tube data for the Sylvania tester.

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/MANUAL-SUPPLEMENTS-for-Sylvania-219-220-Tube-Tester_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370148314721

There may be some out there for free somewhere. I'll look more later.

Dave

WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »

Here is another place to check:

http://www.vacuumtubes.com/manuals.html
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »

Tnx to IYH & JKO..Dave ur info may be where I end up on the Sylvania..JKO no listing that I could see on ur link for either of my testers although it IS a good source for others..did some exploring on my own too and found someone else on a forum bemoaning my issue..lack of available supplements downloadable on the 808 model..or any info at all..tuff to call on whether I keep both as the Sylvania 220 has it over the 808..tests emission and transconductance..but the 808 tests CRTs whatever those are??..Hi Hi!..Bama DOES have what looks like supplements for the Sylvania 219..not sure if it's close enough to match the 220??..more checking and poking around I guess..thanks guys!!  much appreciated!   73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015