The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank Esposito KB3AHE aka "Da Slab Bacon" in the hospital:  (Read 38688 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »

I guess the only thing left to wonder is: when is the annual holiday music broadcast on 75 gonna start?

Merry Xmas to all.  Cheesy  Specially to Mr. Novice and teh Frankorz. We be having non traditional red box Stouffer's Party Size Lasagna over here, cum awn.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

Merry Christmas , y'all and especially Frank.

(I gotta get a life ...  house full of people, Christmas Eve and here I am on the board.) Grin
..sippin eggnog.

RICK  *W3RSW*
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »

the wifey has retired for the evening. I, however am still full of pizz and acetic acid. So after I down this dinna, I'm going out to see if anyone is on the radio.   Cool
WA1GFZ

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2009, 09:55:18 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2009, 10:43:48 AM »

A VERY Merry Christmas to everyone, and may Santa bring you at least one item in black crackle that squeals when you tune it. WWII Military badge identification is a plus!

A happy and healthy new year to all.

Mod-U-Later,
                 Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Frank, Joe and everyone else...Take care of yourselves and enjoy the Holiday.

Bill

Bill KA8WTK
W1IA

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »

WOW!
Sorry to hear about the health problems....When you are up to it I would like to call.

Brent

Run What Ya Brung!
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2009, 06:29:21 PM »

Frank,  There's a roadside grill in Eastern TN just east of Newport on US70 at ste hwy 130 called THE SLAB.  Wish I had had a camera with me I would have taken a few pix of the place.   Maybe next time I'm going through there.

Rob
K5UJ

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
WQ9E

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

Rob,

Stop in next time you are there, it is good (at least it used to be!).  I am down in that area several times each year.  To me there is no prettier place in the U.S. than the East TN mountains.  We used nearby Townsend as a convenient central point for a family reunion last Christmas and that was a very nice family experience.

I have never had the pleasure of actual living in this area but it is at the top of my list for a second home after retirement in a few years.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »

Hi Rodger, FB on W. NC and E. TN mountains.  I'm a confirmed flatlander but that area is nice to visit.  Personally, every time I go there and see where people live (usually in valleys) I think to myself how lousy ham radio operation would be if your antennas only got a 90 degree wide exposure to the sky  Cheesy  Of course it is very different on a high elevation but then, you have to be able to get in and out of there (4 WD a must) and have a lot of backup power and heat.  The winds and wx in general can get pretty hostile on top of those ridge lines.  I think I'd settle for a nice flat high ground conductivity spread in Iowa  Wink
BTW I never saw any ham antennas on any of those mountain homes and for good reason I bet.

One thing I enjoyed while there was SWLing with my Grundig YB400 which did a great job on 75m.  Had good copy on KJ9T, W0VMC and a few others I can't remember on 3885 and the dxing on the AM bc band was fantastic being well away from all the Chicago 1-A stations that make it impossible to get anything on adjacent channels.   

Rob

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »

Frank,  There's a roadside grill in Eastern TN just east of Newport on US70 at ste hwy 130 called THE SLAB.  Wish I had had a camera with me I would have taken a few pix of the place.   Maybe next time I'm going through there.

Rob
K5UJ

Rob,
       Ya know, some really good BBQ might just be the ticket to gettin me up and about again! ! !  Wink  Grin

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »

Frank,  There's a roadside grill in Eastern TN just east of Newport on US70 at ste hwy 130 called THE SLAB.  Wish I had had a camera with me I would have taken a few pix of the place.   Maybe next time I'm going through there.

Rob
K5UJ

Rob,
       Ya know, some really good BBQ might just be the ticket to gettin me up and about again! ! !  Wink  Grin
Frank,
        How about some ultra smelly, stinky toejammed feet sharp provolone? Not only will it get you up and about, it'll make "stugotz forte" Say the word and it will be delivered to you!

If it smells like provolone, I don't leave it alone - hi hi!

Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »

Rob
K5UJ

Rob,
       Ya know, some really good BBQ might just be the ticket to gettin me up and about again! ! !  Wink  Grin

ya frank, it's good stuff  Grin  ummmmmmmmm   but say, where you are, you oughta be eating sea food!  Near the ocean and all that. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015