The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:27:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank Esposito KB3AHE aka "Da Slab Bacon" in the hospital:  (Read 38742 times)
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« on: December 19, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »

Hello All,
           I just wanted to let you know that Frank KB3AHE is currently in the hospital (Franklin Square in Baltimore, Md.) and is undergoing a series of tests.

I spoke to Frank's wife, Carol; and she's been in touch with him and she told me he is resting up in between tests.

I know this isn't a lot of information, but unfortunately it's all I have at the present time. Frank likes to make the 80M "Whats for Dinner?" net whenever possible, and other AM gatherings on 80/40/160 Meters. I'll try to post updates when they become available. Unfortunately, the weather here on the East Coast has been terrible, with about 24" of snow in Baltimore County, and has been detremental to his wife in trying to visit him.

Carol tells me he sends everyone his best, and hopes to be out of the hospital and back on the air "pronto"!

Thanks in advance for any prayers and concerns, and for the people who have already called Carol to offer their help

Sincerely Yours,
                     Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
K5WLF
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:57:21 AM »

All the best to Frank. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

ldb
K5WLF
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:46:03 AM »

Crap, that's a shame - we were wondering where Frank was last nite on 3730 - he's generally a stalwart.

In my thoughts and my prayers - he's a hell of a great guy.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
k3sqp

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:55:54 AM »

Thanks joe

Rob W1AEX and I were talking with Frank on Friday (3730) and he bowed out saying
that he was'nt feeling well.. Sure wish him the best.
K3SQP

hAM radio, The future is in the past...
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:36:18 AM »

Thanks joe

Rob W1AEX and I were talking with Frank on Friday (3730) and he bowed out saying
that he was'nt feeling well.. Sure wish him the best.
K3SQP

From what Carol, Franks's wife told mel, that's exactly when it started. He had to go upstairs in order to take care of a medical issue and he went downhill from there. I plan on following up with Carol this AM to see if there's been any progress.

Regards,
Joe

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »

I sure hope he comes out okay.  My best wishes are with him.

Rob

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W3FJJ
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:06:46 AM »

Frankie, "I listen to you alll the time"
Hope you are feeling better,
Chuck
VE3GZB

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »

What a lousy Xmas present, to be in the hospital. Sad

Hope he's ok!

73s
geo
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »

Thanks Joe for passing and keeping up posted on the latest information you have.  I am sure more details will come out as time goes on.  We will get a card down to Carol to pass along to him as soon as we get all this snow out of our drive. 
Joe, W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »

Hello All,
           I just spoke to carol, and she's having a friend take her to the hospital where Frank is staying. Hopefully, she'll be able to obtain more information and let us all know how things are going.

She really appreciates all who have been calling, but has been overwhelmed with trying to care for Franks' mother up the street and deal with a few of her own issues, as well with keeping up with telephone messages.

As a favor, please keep all calls to a minimun for the time being. When I hear from Carol, I'll post any info I receive (good,bad, or indiffertent) to the BBS here. In case someone is calling Carol from the hospital, there won't be any delay in getting through to her.

Let's pray that Frank will be out of the hospital and back on his 4X1 rig gracing the aether as soon as possible!

Sincerley Yours,
                    Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »

Ouch. Thats rough news.  Cry

Thanks for the reporting job, Joe.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

We are all pulling for you buddy!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

We're hoping for the best, Slab!

Get well soon, OM.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »

Dear Frank,

I want to wish you a healthy and speedy recovery, and hope to hear you back on the air as soon as possible. You and Carol are both in our thoughts and in our prayers.

I pray that this turns out to be nothing serious.

With Warmest Regards,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »

Thanks for keeping us informed Joe. Hope Frank is back on his feet and able to man his station at 3733 real soon.

Rob

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »

Get well soon Frank. Hang in there Carol.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

Here's hoping Franks out and about real quick.
and a prayer too.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Dan N3SMF
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

Wishing you a full recovery Frank.. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Carol..
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »

Hello All,
           I spoke to Carol at the hospital where Frank is at. I asked her to speak to him directly, which she did. Carol was on Franks' cellfonium.

Frank seemed in very good spirits and had a terrrific attitude, especially considering his ordeal this weekend. It seems he has been having liver issues! For those of you that don't know Frank personally, he hasn't touched a drop of liquor in over 25 years, na-da even once! No whisky,rum,vino or even beer. Before that it may have been a different story. I take the fifth on that one - hi!
Frank was to be called down for a blood transfusion, so unfortunately, we had to keep the conversation to a minimum. I was just glad to speak to him for a couple minutes and told him of everyones concern; and that I was able to post something here.

I'll find out more as time progresses and will see if and when I can post a telephone number at the hospital to contact him directly. I don't even have that as of yet, and am not sure even if he's allowed telephone calls at this point.

Frank greatly appreciates everyones prayers and concern and I'll fill you all in with more information as it becomes available.

Please continue with not calling to Franks' house unless it's urgent. Carol has been helping out with medical issues with his mother, and has to keep the telephone open in case it concerns either Frank or his mother. It's important that medical professionals are able to reach her with unbridled efficency! Franks' mother is very ill and not aware of Franks situation. Carol has been running back and forth trying to care for the both of them!
Yours Truly,
               Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »

hopefully it's not Hep

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WQ9E

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 05:40:25 PM »

Joe,

Thank you for the update and I hope things go very well for Frank.

A lot of things besides spirits are tough on the liver and chief among those are over exposure to many of the chemicals that are used for cleaning.  Carbon Tet is a prime example of that group of products.  Of course the side effects of pharmaceuticals are also up there.  The commercials became a running joke in our household for awhile when they would list side effects including headache, dizziness, runny nose, and/or sudden unexpected death.  

I hope that Frank and Carol get very good news for Christmas this year.

Rodger

Rodger WQ9E
WA1GFZ

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »

Roger,
Our family also monitors the running joke of the pill pushers.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »

The very best to you Frank.  Hope you can read this on a laptop or something. We're all pulling for ya.
Was out of town but did hear 'JN wonder where you were last night on 3730 on a Rshack portable receiver.

Thanks Joe for the updates and stuff from Carol.

RICK  *W3RSW*
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »

Frank was to be called down for a blood transfusion,

that part scares me a good bit.  Embarrassed

Glo got the truck cleared out, as soon as we get the ok for visitors we will come on down. I hope he's home way before then though.
W1QWT

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »

Hoping Frank gets better real soon.
Wishing you the best, my man.
Be praying for your recovery.

Regards
Q

Regards, Q, W1QWT
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands