NEAR-Fest Attendance Info & Video

<< < (2/4) > >>

N3DRB The Derb:
I went up with HUZ once but I have no idea how many years ago that was. A lot.  :-\

Steve - WB3HUZ:
Probably 93 or 94 at the Rochester location - the worst of the recent HossTraders locations by far.

Quote from: N3DRB The Derb on November 04, 2009, 08:42:25 PM

I went up with HUZ once but I have no idea how many years ago that was. A lot.  :-\

KM1H:
I didnt mind Rochester, maybe being all open bothered some but I enjoyed having 120VAC available. Plus I won the grand prize once, a Kenwood FM tribander....whoopee.

This last Deerfield had me all confused, most were so bundled up I couldnt recognize them, you and Tom included. ::)

By far the worse place was Kingston.

Carl
KM1H

Steve - WB3HUZ:
Maybe I disliked Rochester since it rained both times I was there. Never made it to Kingston.

You would have been better off not recognizing me.   ;)

Todd, KA1KAQ:
Heh, THAT was funny.......

"So where's 'JJ, did he come up with you guys??"

"Uh, he's standing next to you, Carl"   ;D

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ on November 04, 2009, 09:41:22 PM

Maybe I disliked Rochester since it rained both times I was there. Never made it to Kingston.

You would have been better off not recognizing me.   ;)

Everyone recognizes the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla.

I skipped Kingston, they only held it there once. Literally a gravel pit from what I heard. Rochester had to be a step up from that, but it seemed to rain there just about every time. It was a lot closer to the coast, that might've been why.

Derb, if you're up to it by spring, you should think about making the trip up. You too, Joe. Get Bert to saddle up and make the trip, you can convoy over with 'chicken neck' Karl KD3CN, 'ZRF and the gang. If I remember right, Bert was there in the last AM picture at Deerfield in October '92, maybe that was the year you went?

Quote from: w1vtp on November 04, 2009, 03:23:00 PM

PS:  Thanks for the personal welcome :)

My pleasure, Al. After seeing you early amd finally catching up with Dave 'EAD later, I knew all was well.  ;)

Quote from: WA1GFZ on November 04, 2009, 02:08:02 PM

Todd,
I still think having the event a week later is a bummer.

Couldn't agree more, Frank - but it is what it is. By the time we opened the gate Friday morning I felt like a popsicle. Quite obvious from the little clip in Burt's video. Saturday was better. Just remember, next year will be late also. We're locked in by the Fair and other events using the grounds before us. Sprng is actually going to straddle April and May (30th and 1st).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands