NEAR-Fest Attendance Info & Video

<< < (3/4) > >>

W2INR:
Quote from: WA1GFZ on November 04, 2009, 02:08:02 PM

Todd,
I still think having the event a week later is a bummer.

Frank .

We have no choice in the matter. When Mike gave me a call an we decided to continue the Hosstraders tradition we wanted to have it at Deerfield. If we couldn't do it there we didn't want to be involved.

When we approached the Deerfield committee they agreed to let us have the event there. The calendar was booked out for years. Technically there were no available dates. They decided to add two more dates to the schedule for us.

So the Nearfest event is the first and last event held at the Deerfield Fair grounds. Yep we open it and close it.

I am sure over time if we can move the dates we will try but at this point in time - - it is what it is.

http://www.near-fest.com/

G

KB1IAW:
Got to agree with Al, W1VTP, I had a great time Friday but I'm glad that I brought my mittens.  :)  A very sincere thanks to all you folks involved in organizing and running Nearfest!

K1JJ:
Quote from: KB1IAW on November 05, 2009, 11:50:56 AM

Got to agree with Al, W1VTP, I had a great time Friday but I'm glad that I brought my mittens.  :)  A very sincere thanks to all you folks involved in organizing and running Nearfest!

Yes, agreed.

It's really a very smooth operation. Mr. Mike and the boys have some very good organizational skills. Everyone seems enthusiastic about their duties and EXPECTS things to go well. That's important. Loads of planning behind the scenes.

AFAIK, there hasn't been a complaint about AMers, as a group, since the new mgt took over the reins. (That I've heard of)   Considering the constant "problems" in the distant past, this tells a story in itself.  Of course we're all older and a little calmer these days... ;D

I'll bet Deerfield officials are glad to have the NEAR-Fest. It was not always that way in the past with Hoss.

Good job as usual, guys!

T

KB1IAW:

There has not been a complaint about AMers, as a group, since the new mgt took over the reins

Well, as Tim observed, now the inmates are are in charge of the asylum.  :)

Steve - WB3HUZ:
I asked one of the locals why all the P&Ming about the cold. I've been lead to understand that New Englanders are a hardy bunch that laugh at the cold. I was told that's only in books.    ;D

Mr. Mike and his bunch do a wonderful job. I'm sure if they could organize the WX too, they would. Outside of that variable, the fest is a pleasure to attend and has the highest percentage of "good stuff" of any fests I've attending in years.

Quote from: W2INR on November 05, 2009, 06:48:32 AM

Quote from: WA1GFZ on November 04, 2009, 02:08:02 PM

Todd,
I still think having the event a week later is a bummer.

Frank .

We have no choice in the matter. When Mike gave me a call an we decided to continue the Hosstraders tradition we wanted to have it at Deerfield. If we couldn't do it there we didn't want to be involved.

When we approached the Deerfield committee they agreed to let us have the event there. The calendar was booked out for years. Technically there were no available dates. They decided to add two more dates to the schedule for us.

So the Nearfest event is the first and last event held at the Deerfield Fair grounds. Yep we open it and close it.

I am sure over time if we can move the dates we will try but at this point in time - - it is what it is.

http://www.near-fest.com/

G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands