The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:43:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modulating a tetrode according to God  (Read 15686 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »

To create a pdf you need the Adobe software to convert the file. A pdf file is a standard for transmitting text and photos.

There is other SW out there for handling PDF's.  I use Foxit Reader, much faster, uses less computer resources, scrolls much more smoothly and doesn't cause the computer to freeze.  I can create PDF's with PrimoPdf.  Just create the document in any format, then hit "print" and choose Primo as the printer.  There are many other similar programs available that do the same thing, and undoubtedly some are better than Primo.

The biggest problem I have with PDF's is document size.  Often too bloated to transmit on a given server.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »

TNX. Attached in PDF and GIF formats.

The PDF appears to be easier to read as some smoothing of the text occurs. I don't know if it's a function of the reader or the program I used to do the conversion.

Just sent it.

Carl
KM1H

* eimacmodtetrodes.pdf (96.23 KB - downloaded 232 times.)

* eimacmodtetrodes.gif (81.6 KB, 862x2591 - viewed 445 times.)
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »

Here is the next installment of Eimacs modulation tutorial advertisements. This one is from CQ, July 1947. Thanks to Steves tutorials I think it will come out a bit better than the 1st one.

Note, none of these appears in the data sheets.

* Eimac ad 005.jpg (343.72 KB, 660x2048 - viewed 450 times.)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 10:11:51 PM »

Wow. That one looks nice! Good info too. I wonder why this stuff never made into their data sheets or books?

Here is the next installment of Eimacs modulation tutorial advertisements. This one is from CQ, July 1947. Thanks to Steves tutorials I think it will come out a bit better than the 1st one.

Note, none of these appears in the data sheets.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »

I agree except in the case where some of the security functions of a PDF are utilized. There is no comparison here between a plain text file and a PDF file. The PDF file is quite a bit more difficult to modify.

lately when I post PDFs and they are things someone might get the idea to download and sell on a DVD on ebay, I add a front page  or a page somewhere that says against that, and then use the acrobat security to allow only viewing and printing.

The only way short of cracking the obscenely long PDF security password to get around that is to blow up the view to the largest resolution possible and then do screen shots. Very tedious on a 100+ page manual and even then the resolution will suffer. But someone that sleazy won't care about selling deficient copies to their buyers and the buyers might not notice.

It is also posible today to print to a 3rd party/free pdf writer and then go back in with the standard program and change document permissions. Ihe only question is the quality of the 3rd party writer as some have crappy or non-adjustable resolution and compression settings.

I took the liberty of working on the files and combining them into one page pdf.

Try this one. Note the articles used different fonts. I had not noticed that before. Another milesone  - the move from a serif font to sans serif.. (no I did not protect it in any way!!)

* Eimac Screen Grid Modulation2.pdf (938.42 KB - downloaded 270 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N4LTA
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 07:31:52 PM »

I submit my designs in .pdf format  - That is what my Insurance Co. recommends. We are not talking high level security - just keeping some drafter from changing something in the design that is incorrect - and then we get blamed for it. It would be difficult for most people to do and not be detected.

If the original scan is poor - the pdf will be poorer.

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 04:18:42 AM »

looking at the differences is kinda fun.  Cheesy

here's the same file showing the 2 file formats under 2 different magnifications, the left one in both cases being the non-pdf, the right being the pdf.

a kind of version of pdf (display postscript) is the native mac display output, so us mac users may be getting views you PC guys are not getting.

in my case, the pdf's are still better than the non pdf under extreme mags - what do youse PC guys see?  Smiley

* Snapshot 2009-09-28 03-58-15.pdf (1394.52 KB - downloaded 219 times.)
* Snapshot 2009-09-28 04-04-46.pdf (1344.36 KB - downloaded 205 times.)
w1vtp

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:31 AM »

Thanks Carl!

I filed that one along with my other 813 XMTR design stuff

Al
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »

and no one has mentioned modulating the driver slightly.

K1DEU
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »

To convert many different file types (EXTENSIONS) such as .doc to .pdf  or .pdf to .doc

Consider Dling The Brand New Version 3+  http://www.openoffice.org  which now runs properly on many different platform OSes such as;

It also runs on all major computing platforms - Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris, Apple Mac - isn't that great!

Its Open Source which means free and avbl in many different languages

73, Julia David Carter and John David Shaw K1DEU
Detroit47

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »

I know that everyone has down loaded, or has a copy of the Care and feeding of power grid tubes. I have another older version of that publication "The care and feeding of Power Tetrodes. This is application bulletin number 8 from Eitel McCullough Inc. The date is 1951 and it is 25 pages if there is an interest I could scan it and upload to a host. Does anyone have an interest? And where would be a good place to upload?

73 N8QPC
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 08:00:19 PM »

The only document formats good for the web are pdf and etc. .doc and .xls formats should never be used.

Indeed. Add PowerPoint to that too. If only everyone actually did this! Kinda like world peace - a great idea, but we'll likely never see it.  Cry
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:13 PM »

I know that everyone has down loaded, or has a copy of the Care and feeding of power grid tubes. I have another older version of that publication "The care and feeding of Power Tetrodes. This is application bulletin number 8 from Eitel McCullough Inc. The date is 1951 and it is 25 pages if there is an interest I could scan it and upload to a host. Does anyone have an interest? And where would be a good place to upload?

73 N8QPC

I'd like a copy if you can't find anywhere else to put it.

I can pm you my email addy, unless it's too big for email...

--Shane
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »

Send it to me and I'll put it on The AM Window Web Site.

73 N8QPC
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »

Send it to me and I'll put it on The AM Window Web Site.

73 N8QPC

Perfect!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015