The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:38:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belden 8210 72 ohm parallel transmission line - anyone used it?  (Read 20141 times)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »

Terry said:
The OM build a tower that went up 110 feet just so they could get UHF TV over in Logan Run  near Danville, PA were I was raised

Hey, I know where that is!!  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »

I'm curious as to why you don't like the W7FG open wire.

If I can hitch a ride from the wifey I'd be there n I could get that transfermer too. I wanna wait until you get the 4X1 going so we can play radio tho. Shes working so much I cant hardly even bum a ride off her anymore. Sad

The Gonset is like a good relationship gone bad. i got so excited getting all my HB stuff together I left it by the wayside.

I need to take a look at it and see where it is - I think it just needs the tube caps hooked up to the plate choke through suppressors & 2 caps installed on the term board.

and of course, someone with enough balls and mad skillz to figure out the ptt wiring....which isnt me anymore. Just dont seem to have the logical ability. Frank could do it in 2 hours.

I'll get something set up or a friday or saturday night soon.

BTW, that balanced tank IS capable of low impedance output, right?

you know it is big brotha. There's no doubt. I kin build it like baskin robbins, 31 flavas of feed, CUM AWN.

pair of 4-400's and you wont notice my lossy twinlead.  Cool

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »

I'm curious as to why you don't like the W7FG open wire

I know you didn't address that question to me Steve, but I'm not to impressed by the lite gauge wire they use and the spreaders at least the version I had seen, may I say looked very amateurish. 

When you run a billion watts like we are allowed here in NYS, it tends to glow Grin Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »

When you run a billion watts like we are allowed here in NYS, it tends to glow Grin Grin

lol!  I just got a reference by another friend about eleventy gabillion watts.

WTF are people talking about.  I don't know of ANYONE running a megawatt INTO the antenna, yet...

A million ERP, yeah, that's BEEN done. Smiley

--Shane
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 06:04:40 AM »

all of the spreaders are askew on the feedline sitting at weird angles. It's like the spreaders just dont quite have enough clamping ability. They were fine for a long time, but now they slip around on the wire just enough to not stay in place. And only 1 side goes at a time. so they assume 45 degree tilts and start lookin gay and nonchalant about themselves.

The last 2 times the antenna came down was because of end insulator problems, the wire unraveled the first time, second time the wire broke right at the insulator. Gonna try HB again wit this 72 ohm KW twinlead, thhn stranded of a decent gauge,

and some old buzzard 5" long glass insulators.  Cheesy  and gonna use that thick ass silver wire solder I got 20 feet of by mistake.

N2udf
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 07:45:59 AM »

I used that coax for feeding wang brand computers....Lee,N2UDF.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »

" WTF are people talking about.  I don't know of ANYONE running a megawatt INTO the antenna, yet... "

I know a guy who had access to a 600KW Am transmitter that the Cigar wanted to disstroy.

klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015