The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:25:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of the GS35 Amp Project - Updated 5/8  (Read 7404 times)
W1IA

« on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »

More pics with the Money Shot! Grin Just for you Frank

Working with KA2QFX on the amp and thought I would post some pictures as we progress.

https://home.comcast.net/~w1ia/new_page_7.htm

Brent W1IA

p.s. the finished tube socket design based on W4ZT

http://socket.gs35b.com/chimney/index.html

Run What Ya Brung!
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »

Tina,
       I looked at the pix. Where is the money shot? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Grin Grin

The Slab Babon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:13:10 AM »

Didn't you see the tiny little FETs in there?
W1IA

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »

Didn't you see the tiny little FETs in there?
You funny GI....Nope, this is going to have real bottles. Headed back to the shop to continue on FrankenStrap!

Brent

Run What Ya Brung!
W1IA

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:34:34 PM »

another addition of pictures as of 5/8

Brent

Run What Ya Brung!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »

You guys do such nice work, I'm starting to feel inadequate and worthless... Grin

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »

No attachment on your 5/8 post Brent.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »

No attachment on your 5/8 post Brent.

website link....  first post.....

W1IA

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »

You guys do such nice work, I'm starting to feel inadequate and worthless... Grin

Amp may be the next GODZILLA! But without your antennas I will be the next tadpole in the pond Fabio! FrankenAmp is coming nicely...I am pondering a 3rd pube though...cause it will fit and I can get a bigger plate supply. The current supply is 5 Kv at 1.5 amps  Keith has a couple more at 3 amp at 6 Kv...Hmmmm? Roll Eyes

Run What Ya Brung!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »

Amp may be the next GODZILLA! But without your antennas I will be the next tadpole in the pond Fabio! FrankenAmp is coming nicely...I am pondering a 3rd pube though...cause it will fit and I can get a bigger plate supply. The current supply is 5 Kv at 1.5 amps  Keith has a couple more at 3 amp at 6 Kv...Hmmmm? Roll Eyes

That's some nice milling and machining work. Tom Vu no patience to do such nice job.

Quad GS's wud be pretty neat too.  It wud look like a certain amp we know, but on steroids.... :-)

Driving that thing will be a challenge. Using a 3-500Z amp might be dirty cuz of the varying cathode load of the big amp. I went with SS MRF-150's in a FET quad amp. That seems to work really FB.  Check out CCI and their EB-104 for details.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W1IA

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »

That's some nice milling and machining work. Tom Vu no patience to do such nice job.

Quad GS's wud be pretty neat too.  It wud look like a certain amp we know, but on steroids.... :-)

Driving that thing will be a challenge. Using a 3-500Z amp might be dirty cuz of the varying cathode load of the big amp. I went with SS MRF-150's in a FET quad amp. That seems to work really FB.  Check out CCI and their EB-104 for details.

T

I could run the class-H modulated rig into it for linear service A.M. Phew! would that strap! But at least when its finished I will be able to hold up in the Winda with the array....OK I want mobile wearing pink dresses named Vlad driving K cars only! Shocked Grin

Run What Ya Brung!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015