The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:57:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QST, CQ, 73, Ham Radio Magazines: What Issues Do You Need?  (Read 17267 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: August 30, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »

What old radio library would be complete without these standards? For some of us, this was our first exposure to the amateur radio candy store. The articles were usually great, the pictures, interesting, the ads - outstanding!

Their availability on CD makes access much easier and shelf space consumed, much less. But toting a computer around to read a book isn't quite the same as the real thing.

Many of us have the older versions of these publications, quite often with gaps in coverage and duplicates galore. Using this column should make it easier to fill in the gaps and move out the excess.

I'm in the process of storing my library, so this is an ideal time for me to make note of my needs and excess copies. This would also include Radio/R9 if others are floating around.

What say you?

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
kf6pqt

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »

June, 1936 QST?  Wink

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 02:16:07 AM »

I have dupes of RADIO and some gaps in my R-9 collection.  I would be willing to trade some of the RADIO issues for missing R-9's.  I have one extra complete run of RADIO that I would prefer to sell/trade complete, without breaking up, and some other partial runs that I would part with individually.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »

Sorry guys, was out of town unexpectedly last week and been playing catch up since.

June, 1936 QST?  Wink

Jason: yes, probably several. 30s and above I seem to have plenty of. The 20s and earlier, only a few dupes and plenty that I'm missing. After the dust settles from NEAR-Fest and I get the house set for winter, I'm going to go through my duplicates and make a good list, along with 'wants'. Same for the old ARRL and RADIO Handbooks. Stay tuned.  Smiley

I have dupes of RADIO and some gaps in my R-9 collection.  I would be willing to trade some of the RADIO issues for missing R-9's.  I have one extra complete run of RADIO that I would prefer to sell/trade complete, without breaking up, and some other partial runs that I would part with individually.

Don: I have a bunch of these (smaller format) from the 30s but haven't gone through them yet. I think I have some R9 issues also, but really can't remember. The whole book subject bubbled to the surface again in August as I was lining up boxes to move to storage, just haven't had time to go through them all.

Would you be so kind as to write a brief overview of them to add to the overall book list? You and I may be the only ones to still have these by the looks, but they are most interesting and informative for those interested in early radio history and technology. They may not have the glitzy covers of later pubs, but the technical content is first rate.

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »

I'll make an inventory of what I have and what I need, and post the results.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
cgr103
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »

73 magazine, probably 1980, for article dealing with Tibet and WWII, authored by Cal G. Ritchey.  Please email cgr103@aol.com.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »

Recently went through a move here, so I'll have to dig through and find which boxes have the 73 mags in them.

Did see the Radio/R9 mags recently Don, not sure there are many dupes but I'll take a look. Would love to round out the set and be able to help you out as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015