The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They hated me just because I was an AM'er  (Read 59718 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »

They are wanna-bees. There is/was a similar group on 3875 kHz. They would regularly jam and complain about AMers, yet they talked about AMers, AM rigs and AM technology of good bit of the time. Some would even show up on AM form time to time. Strange behavior.
ka3zlr
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »

Well the Hellovit always will be, if ya put the same amount of energy for the common good, instead of playen bash the cats with the tubes..you do so much more for the service...

How is the this latest Lady of the Realm doing anyone find any poop on her likes dislikes...does she even have a Call...or is she another networker.

Jack.

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

well, I got a lot to do. I was in the middle of a entire shack makeover when I had my stroke. Now I'm even less able to handle such things than was before. It's all I can do to simply pick up the FT 101. I'm still going to make the bench against the outside wall the operating position (and only that!) where only finished radios and what not go to be used on the air.

hope I can figger out a way to get the antenna back up ( n keep it up ) soon.  the bad thing is, if I fall I cant get back up anymore by myself. So walking on uneven ground is trouble.

There is a tv/satellite place that also does towers not too far away. First we have to get a hole in the wall cut and a winder installed and the AC power redone to carry her kiln, a goodly sized winder AC unit, my radio junk, amps, etc. hen maybe a tower.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »

Didn't know your antenner was down, Drb, we'll muster a party to put 'er back up.

What happened this time?  I can't believe that aircraft cable snapped  Angry

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
KA1ZGC
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »

Canada Geese, John. No reflection on you.  Wink
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

What happened this time?  I can't believe that aircraft cable snapped 

nope it broke in the back like it always does. the front part is still good to go and still up in the tree.

I thinks maybe pulley and weight system might have  to be employed this time. The back trees are just too flexible to be good supports after the wind gets going. There's got to be some give and take. It's broken 4 times now.

I wont be able to make it to the ham fest. maybe you could do some kick ass proxy buying on my behalf at the show and I can pick up and I'll pay ya at phranks which I am planning on still. a huge marine grade pulley, big 2 or 3 lb wieght, that sort of thing. I dont need gear, but hat sort of thing would be very useful.

didnt matter since I was in the  the hospital anyways.  Undecided

WA1GFZ

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 09:00:44 PM »

If your antenna breaks a lot it means you are pulling it up too tight so leave a little slack in it. A couple feet of droop won't matter if it stays in the air.
k3zrf

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »

Derb, Jack, hang in there.

"the amfone net as the nest of vipers"

I like it, can I have a T-shirt, pleez?

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
WB3JOK

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »

After reading this thread I want to finish my 4 x 4-125A amp and do some AMing with a couple hundred watts of carrier Grin
I can belch and fart with the best of them!  Cool

That would be a great T-shirt for Dayton (wish I could make it this year) ...
"Nest of Vipers"!
Knightt150
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »

I have been a ham for almost 50 years and I know who knows about radios and how they work. And is generaly more considerate about things when on the air (IT IS THE AM er) not the ssb er. So hold your head high you are one in the (KNOW).

John
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »

Oh, goodie... they are reading this thread!

Well, 3892 boys, I'll tell y'all again: W8NB is a false prophet. His religion is one of hate. His only purpose is spread misery and hope he can render someone else even more miserable and godforsaken than he is. I defy you to even use one complete hand to count the number of times he's even said anything nice about any of you, let alone anyone else.

Yeah.  Seriously, W8 No-Balls actually claims to be a preacher at a church.

Pulling the wool over his eyes (something not too difficult to do with a knuckle-dragger like that) with the AM signal must have been hilarious.  I wish I could have heard it.  Grin Grin

The real stereotype "Extra-Lite" with his 1X2 callsign.

I had a run-in with a similar bunch like that who thought they owned a frequency on 160, about the time the vanity callsign program was put into effect.  Their conversation dripped with CB lingo, and about the most hilarious comment I have ever heard was when one of them proclaimed that I was "running AM and sideband at the same time".  He went on to say he didn't know how I did it, but he was pretty sure that was illegal. 

Within days of the vanity callsign rule going into effect, the whole damn bunch showed up with W4 two-letter callsigns.  That made me realise that the Extra class licence had lost nearly all its significance, and the 1X2 callsign had completely lost all its significance. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and made me decide not to trade my long-held callsign unique to me, for some dead man's call.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »

yeah Don. You've always been the perfect gentleman. Seriously.

Speaking of dead guys.  I've logged 'em and got just a little shamed for it.  Ask the ER Heavy Metal guys  Grin

Anyone have an old call book? I wonder who or how many had W3RSW before.

Probably should have kept WA3YPI; it not only guaranteed recognition of an era, but speaks code to y'all.  The call before that was WB8FRZ.  IF I'd've moved to Pa. earlier I'd've probably gotten a 1x3. The Advanced class was something of which to be proud.

RICK  *W3RSW*
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »

Check out this thread on QRZ.com.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=197550

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1IA

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »

Ken,
      Welcome to the wonderful world of "the AM Ghetto"!! Luckily, you dont usually get on till late night, well after "radio prime time". By that time most of the knuckle dragging inbreds have gotten drunk enough that they have passed out and things have quieted down!! It's usually like this most evenings unless there is a bevy of "tall ships" on to keep them at bay.

Why in the hell should anyone hate someone just because of the mode they use on the air when there are by far better reasons to ??

It is by far better down band!! You still have a few jammers and qwermers, but they are a better class of jammers and qwermers. It is also not unusual to have some mixed mode QSOs there as well.

The only way to ever quell this problem up in the "window" is to have the old long running break-in groups of tall ships that we used to have a few years ago run on all evening. (fight fire with fire) As these morons are surely not gentlemen!!

The Slab Bacon
Hi Frank,
Not Jackin the pst, but had to say a quick hello. I am stressing out about my CCO crane exams tomorrow morning. Depending on the weather. I might do the practicals on Fri. and be able to make the Pharty with Keith WA1HZK. We will leave Saturday early unless I have to do my practicals that day.

As far as the nit wits...just another day in the Ghetto. As soon as I can get the array fixed I will pack my bags and move out of the Ghetto HA! I have been too bz with this crane stuff. I still have to take the Mass. hydraulic and crane tests on top of finishing the lattice endorsements.

See ya Soon OM
p.s. say hi to Carol

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WB2YGF
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »

Check out this thread on QRZ.com.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=197550
Nice plug for Class E there Don. Smiley
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »

Ken, I can feel your pain. People hate me just because I'm me. Now I have to admit I haven't been an angel most of my life and I know that is a problem. I try to do the right thing but sometimes more urgent things crop up and make me look bad. When I try to explain myself, I get little understanding. If I try to make adjustments, I get criticized. It seems as if life is not kind to me these days. I get up in the morning with little hope. It seems there’s nowhere to turn. I feel so bad that I cannot bear it. My 75-meter coils are corroded. My band switch is stuck in one place. My 3 in one oilcan is dry. All my antennas fell down. I lost my 100-meter tape and I can no longer measure antenna wires. The pine trees where I hang my antennas have gotten blight by the pine beetle and they are dying. The string on my bow is frayed and I cannot shoot a string up to the dying pines. The copper antenna wire has been stolen and I cannot solder to the old barbed rusty fence wire that’s around the property from the 1800’s. My shoes are so worn that my toes are sticking out the bottom and are inflamed from thorns. When I visit my doctor he looks at me with pity. I cannot afford to pay him even though he wants no money. I tried to join disharmony.com and was rejected. People on my side of the street cross over to the other side when they see me approaching. My side of the street collapsed. A truck   loaded with battery acid hit a tree and spilled acid down in the pit where I was pined under a bolder with a broken leg only to be followed by a gasoline truck. It hit the acid truck and spilled its contents down the pit. It didn’t explode. It just sizzled for hours while the emergency crews were at a loss what to do. Finally I was rescued and spent months in the hospital. Upon recovery I was put on trial because I shouldn’t have been on that side of the sidewalk that day. Spring is coming, oh joy.  I sure hope this is not off topic.           

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W1IA

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

Ken, I can feel your pain. People hate me jut because I'm me. Now I have to admit I haven't been an angel most of my life and I know that is a problem. I try to the right thing but sometimes more urgent things crop up and make me look bad. When I try to explain myself, I get little understanding. If I try to make adjustments, I get criticized. It seems as if life is not kind to me these days. I get up in the morning with little hope. It seems there’s nowhere to turn. I feel so bad that I cannot bear it. My 75-meter coils are corroded. My band switch is stuck in one place. My 3 in one oilcan is dry. All my antennas fell down. I lost my 100-meter tape and I can no longer measure antenna wires. The pine trees where I hang my antennas have gotten blight by the pine beetle and they are dying. The string on my bow is frayed and I cannot shoot a string up to the dying pines. The copper antenna wire has been stolen and I cannot solder to the old barbed rusty fence wire that’s around the property from the 1800’s. My shoes are so worn that my toes are sticking out the bottom and are inflamed from thorns. When I visit my doctor he looks at me with pity. I cannot afford to pay him even though he wants no money. I tried to join disharmony.com and was rejected. People on my side of the street cross over to the other side when they see me approaching. My side if the street collapsed. A truck   loaded with battery acid hit a tree and spilled acid down in the pit where I was pined under a bolder with a broken leg only to be followed by a gasoline truck. It hit the acid truck and spilled its contents down the pit. It didn’t explode. It just sizzled for hours while the emergency crews were at a loss what to do. Finally I was rescued and spent months in the hospital. Upon recovery I was put on trial because I shouldn’t have been on that side of the sidewalk that day. Spring is coming, oh joy.  I sure hope this is not off topic.           
Holy CRAP!

Geez Terry...I will think of this next time I think I had a bad Day!
Brent

Run What Ya Brung!
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 12:25:42 AM »

Derb, Jack, hang in there.

"the amfone net as the nest of vipers"

I like it, can I have a T-shirt, pleez?

There is no finer nest of vipers than here. This makes me really proud to prefer AM. Finally the AM hobby is getting the recognition it deserves. I hope someday, we can advance to the next level, "the pit of vipers", and from there, "the pit of pit vipers".

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KA1ZGC
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »

Too funny.

Terry's post was almost word-for-word what I was going to post as my status on facebook.

Go figure.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 07:23:49 AM »

Well, not ot brag but......

All my dogs are still alive, my wife still loves me, my truck started this morning and my Mom got outta prison yesterday..... AND I wasn't even drunk!!!

ka3zlr
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 07:42:09 AM »

..and there ain't no good chain gangs... Grin

it's an old Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings song from a long time ago...
Jim KF2SY

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »

Well, not ot brag but......

All my dogs are still alive, my wife still loves me, my truck started this morning and my Mom got outta prison yesterday..... AND I wasn't even drunk!!!

I think that was David Allen Coe?

Anyway-- I was listening to the inbreeds on 3892 briefly on Sun or Mon nite....
They were making fun of W8VYZ and his profile on qrz. 
What kind of pitiful souls make fun of a Senior Ham in declinging health in the twilight of his years...?
Ashtubula Bill's words will live on AM forever-

"Ain't a slopbucket in North America can bother me"
                                       Grin
K3ZS

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

yeah Don. You've always been the perfect gentleman. Seriously.

Speaking of dead guys.  I've logged 'em and got just a little shamed for it.  Ask the ER Heavy Metal guys  Grin

Anyone have an old call book? I wonder who or how many had W3RSW before.

Probably should have kept WA3YPI; it not only guaranteed recognition of an era, but speaks code to y'all.  The call before that was WB8FRZ.  IF I'd've moved to Pa. earlier I'd've probably gotten a 1x3. The Advanced class was something of which to be proud.

W3RSW is skipped in the Fall 1959 Callbook.    He must have been a SK before then.    Nobody dead or alive has had my 1X2 call before.    I got it before they were all used up by the "Extra lites" and it is one "dit" shorter than my original call.

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »

Thanks for checking. 

Were they still issuing 1x3's or had they gone to 2x3's at that time in 3 land?

Nobody dead or alive has had my 1X2 call before.   

"Wanted: Dead or Alive"  A Ganster Wanted poster flashed in my mind as I read your post.

Maybe the "T" shirts ought to have something like;

Wanted
   Dead or Alive

AM Gangsters

from
The Nest of Vipers

RICK  *W3RSW*
N8LGU

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »

I'm proud to be an AM Viper! I'm gonna get a T-shirt made for Berryville.

"Rock Cave Dave"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015