The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:40:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The old radio fixer upper guy  (Read 7261 times)
GEORGE/W2AMR
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:32 AM »

This is a copy of a complaint that I filed with the Canadian Better business bureau against Don Hunka, the old radio fixer upper guy.

I contacted Mr Hunka early December 2007 about repairing the cabinet of a 1938 Zenith model 6D311 table radio. He quoted me a price of $125 plus shipping. I mailed the cabinet to Mr. Hunka on 12/6/07. I contacted him several weeks later and he told me that he had received it. Around July of 1008 I called Mr. Hunka to check on the progress of the repairs. He told me he had been Ill recently, but would be finishing it up soon. Several weeks later I called Mr. Hunka again. He told me that A friend had shipped the cabinet to me. Several week later I called him to say I had not received it. He told me that his friend had not shipped it , and that he had to take a trip to Buffalo and that he would ship it from there. Several weeks later I called him and said I still had not received it. He said that the post office in Buffalo could not ship it to me because the package was damaged. and that they would ship it back to him, and then he would ship it to me. Several weeks later I called Mr Hunka and he said the cabinet was shipped on 11/28/08. He then gave me a tracking number of CX174356548CA. Each day I checked the tracker , and noticed that the package was delivered to somebody in California on 12/13/08. Called Mr. Hunka on 12/24/08 and told him that according to the tracking system, that the package was delivered to California. After checking, Mr. Hunka claimed that he had inadvertently given me the tracking number to someone else's package. He then gave me a tracking number CE468008935CA. Using that number I logged onto to the Canadian postal tracker site and was informed that number could not be found in the system. I called Mr. Hunka back and explained this to him. He said he would check with the post office and call me back in an hour, which he never did. Since then I have not heard from Mr Hunka, and I still do not have my radio cabinet.   

Do NOT send this guy anything of any value. If you do, you may never see it again.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

This is a copy of a complaint that I filed with the Canadian Better business bureau against Don Hunka, the old radio fixer upper guy.

I contacted Mr Hunka early December 2007 about repairing the cabinet of a 1938 Zenith model 6D311 table radio. He quoted me a price of $125 plus shipping. I mailed the cabinet to Mr. Hunka on 12/6/07. I contacted him several weeks later and he told me that he had received it. Around July of 1008 I called Mr. Hunka to check on the progress of the repairs. He told me he had been Ill recently, but would be finishing it up soon. Several weeks later I called Mr. Hunka again. He told me that A friend had shipped the cabinet to me. Several week later I called him to say I had not received it. He told me that his friend had not shipped it , and that he had to take a trip to Buffalo and that he would ship it from there. Several weeks later I called him and said I still had not received it. He said that the post office in Buffalo could not ship it to me because the package was damaged. and that they would ship it back to him, and then he would ship it to me. Several weeks later I called Mr Hunka and he said the cabinet was shipped on 11/28/08. He then gave me a tracking number of CX174356548CA. Each day I checked the tracker , and noticed that the package was delivered to somebody in California on 12/13/08. Called Mr. Hunka on 12/24/08 and told him that according to the tracking system, that the package was delivered to California. After checking, Mr. Hunka claimed that he had inadvertently given me the tracking number to someone else's package. He then gave me a tracking number CE468008935CA. Using that number I logged onto to the Canadian postal tracker site and was informed that number could not be found in the system. I called Mr. Hunka back and explained this to him. He said he would check with the post office and call me back in an hour, which he never did. Since then I have not heard from Mr Hunka, and I still do not have my radio cabinet.   

Do NOT send this guy anything of any value. If you do, you may never see it again.

I can't believe it. After 14 months I finally got my repaired radio cabinet back. Perhaps the complaint to the BBB lit a small fire under him.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »

Maybe he found out the Democrats are in control.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:37 AM »

Must have been a very small fire lit under him to take 14 months.  Still it is a good warning. At least you still have the guts to put back in the cabinet.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 09:33:01 PM »

This reminds me of the cartoon with the c.m.p. guy saving the day

I don't remember his name though.....
KL7OF

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »

dudley doright
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015