The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike, KO6NM tries to save Delano, CA VOA site  (Read 26304 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »

That lucky tree in the bottom pic

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
k7yoo

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 04:26:53 PM »

Yep, all our problems are over now. Everyone will love us. There were no terrorists before 2000 and there will be none after 2008. All the nations of the world will be a happy place. They will have flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children dance and laugh and play with gumdrop smiles.

I hope you are being facetious--but maybe you know something we don't. I see that Iaminajihad (Iranian Pres) sent our new president congratulations. To quote a famous Brit "peace in our time"
 Tongue

k7yoo

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »

How did we get this far off thread so fast.......
meanwhile back at the VOA, what is really happening, and is there anything that can be done?  It looks to me like many millions of dollarettes will be required to even get a sniff of this (for private use), and given the current economic situation in CA & the nation this would be way down the priority list for development as a heritage site. It looks to me like the only "hope" is that our economy is so badly wrecked the only thing that can be done is to throw a padlock on the gate because the millions of dollars needed to raze the site are not available. From the ham standpoint a KPH scenario would be nice, but I think that is a real long shot. These are just my views without knowing the facts. What are they anyway?
Skip
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015