The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:37:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another approach to using Flex-Radio free software for signal processing  (Read 3220 times)
w1vtp

« on: October 29, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »

Here's my approach to Stu AB2EZ's adaption of using Flex-Radio's software ( http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=16883.0 ). 

Basically, I just a borrowed function generator to drive the "L" input to a HP 10514A double balanced mixer.  I then set the output of the generator for 2 dBm, a proper drive for the "L" input.  I stuffed my 9 MHz IF output that is readily available on my FT-301, off a jack in the rear, into the "R" input of the mixer.  That IF signal out of the "X" mixer connection had to be reduced by about 20 dB to avoid overloading my mic input on my sound card.

Works really great.  I can play around with the filter to get rid of unwanted crud.  The Synchronous AM detection mode really does a good job on QSB and is quick to lock up on signals.  Freq response is amazing with my Bose headphones.  If it's there I can hear it.  I can't wait to hear some of the class E rigs although some of the plate rigs are impressive.

I'll build a variation of the LO that Stu uses in his setup later.  For now, It's really good audio, nice processing options and fun to play with.

Al "Violet Toilet Paper"

* MY SDR SETUP.pdf (321.78 KB - downloaded 404 times.)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »

AH yes, another convert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015