BAMA edebris reflector

<< < (2/3) > >>

W1UJR:
I thought the "edebris" site was a mirror to the BAMA site?

From http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

The Boat Anchor Manual Archive
Mirror: /

Downloads are now available again. (2/16/2008 8:40pm EST)

This is a mirror of the manuals available at the BAMA archive. These manuals are available for download and free of charge.

Jim, W5JO:
I downloaded a Weller soldering station from the mirror site about 30 minutes ago and it worked fine.  The format was PDF.  Was the manual you were trying to get a DjVu?  They sometime look like they don't have anything in them unless you have a viewer that will decode them.

w3jn:
It is a mirror, Bruce, but there are a few discontinuities.  I had to download a R-392 manual from the bama.sbc.edu.  The only mil manual on edebris is a ARC-5.  The KG7BZ manual set is missing, although the directory is there.

K1ZJH:
I had the same problem for months!  One minute it worked, and then I was downloading "empty" files, with 0 bytes from Edebris.  Both with FireFox and IE.  Others have posted about the same problem. It is a Windows issue. I think I ended up reloading Windows XP, and that didn't fix the problem. One other trick did, but I don't recall exactly what it was that I ended up doing. Let me go back and peak around in Windows to see what I reset...

pete

This is one of things I did that night.. I had some major issues, and when the dust settled the downloads worked.
I won't swear this was the fix..

Method to follow if you have Internet Explorer 7
If you have Internet Explorer 7, you can repair damaged files or missing registration information in Internet Explorer 7. To do this, follow these steps:1. Start Internet Explorer 7.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box

W1UJR:
Well, glad I found that one out John.
I rely on BAMA for info quite often.
But have bookmarked the "edebris" site rather than BAMA itself as I have had problems in the past with logging into BAMA.
Guess I need to check both places now, just to be certain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands