The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:50:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KA1KAQ Collection  (Read 5422 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« on: August 27, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »

I had the great fortune of a  eyeball with Todd today and a visit to the collection before it moves to /4 land.

Very interesting and impressive bunch of radios. I'm sorry to see them go south- and sorry to see Todd follow them.

First time I have ever seen a boom mike that took up the entire length of the room. Jason you did good!

Looking forward to hearing that strappingesque signal emanating from the NC area back up here soon

Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »

he's gonna play hell with the AM haters on 88. be in their earhole ALL the time. I cant wait.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:09 AM »

I'll bet he gets an OO card claiming he moved down south JUST to QRM 88 better !
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »

You were lucky to be admitted to the sacred portals.  Not many have been so bestowed.

MrMike

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »

Carl, it was a pleasure having you visit, only wish we'd had more time to load your car with jun...er..treasures. Wink Mike's right that I don't advertise the slag pile, but it's always nice to have someone from the gang drop in who has an appreciation for history (and a good understanding of the illness).

I'll bet he gets an OO card claiming he moved down south JUST to QRM 88 better !

Not with youse guys setting such a fine example for me to follow. I'll operate no differently than here so it shouldn't be an issue. If anyone is foolish enough to try to interfere with a QSO in progress, AM or otherwise, they deserve what they get. I still visit the ghetto area from time to time, but prefer the 80m section to hand-to-hand combat over frequency ownership issues. All of my OO reports [so far] have been positive.

Bud, I think Carl likes your old Super Pro. We listened to it a bit driving a 12" speaker in a Collins floor cabinet. Shweet!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015