The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:59:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiffle Ball Killed by the Hi Society Snobs of CT  (Read 5528 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: July 17, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/Greenwich-Mean-Time-No-Wiffle-ball-allowed/1215730674.html

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
k3zrf

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »

A**h***s.

If the kids can't play then move away.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
ka3zlr
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »

Welp, My Boy Spent this week in CoopersTown NY for his wack at the Fields up there and did quite well, I was rather proud of my Littlest harmonic...naturally i couldn't get the week off this is our busy season an all But.. I'm just glad and Happy the boys had a wonderful Time up there...Traded Lots an Lots of Pins..Dad..LOL....can't wait to see'em all.. Cheesy

If they'd let the kids alone an work it out for themselves they prolly woulda Fared up better..But....when the adults step in it ruins the fun.. Oh Well....

Play Ball..............wherever you Can Boys...
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:56:34 PM »

If they'd let the kids alone an work it out for themselves they prolly woulda Fared up better..But....when the adults step in it ruins the fun.. Oh Well....

Play Ball..............wherever you Can Boys...

The USA: one of the most restrictive "free countries" in the world.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:17:47 PM »

Yeah, they definitely are freakin snobs in Greenwich. Fairfield and Westport aren't any different either. I sure as hell like working down that part of the state however. These people have more cash than they know what to do with and don't care what the bill says, JUST fix it already.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
Blaine N1GTU
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:49:14 PM »

sounds like they approached it correctly.
the town is trying to find an appropriate place to relocate the field to.
I would not want a bunch of screaming kids everyday in my backyard, this isnt a small group either about 50+ people gathering.
W2JBL

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:05:52 AM »

after the ball games and on some nights the older kids were drinking beer (OH LORD!), having SEX (heaven forbid!) and hot rodding their Beamers around the area. it just had to be stopped... back about 1975 or so i was working in Greenwich and was detained by the cops there for some hours on suspicion of murdering Martha Moxley (a Kennedy did it). my only crime was driving a red primered 1968 Fairlane through Greenwich. you ain't safe in Greenwich even if you are nearly WHITE, and i'm as white as one can be.

it's a tough place to live today- coyotes are there now and they sometimes carry innocent little doggies and cats off into the brush to be eaten, Negroes (oh my God!) often drive through town on their way to work in Stamford, and the common folk won a court battle and must now be allowed to use to the Town beach and public boat dock. Jeezus H Christ i'm origionally from Larchmont NY (ten times as tight ass as Greenwich) and i'm not good enough to stop there for burgers... i hope those kids go out and fire a some lead filled wiffle balls through a few McMansion windows. the residents involved in all the piss and moan truly deserve it.
Jerry-n5ugw
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 06:59:02 AM »

HolyMooooly.. Do you know where your kids are tonight. Yep in the back yard having fun. Not sitting on their butts eating fat chips play one eyed stare tube, not un-supervised breaking into ol ladies houses, not dopin, not having Sex in someone parents bedroom. There right out there doing something harmlss learning social skills that will benifit America. If they breakout the beer, we'll ask uncle law man to fix that. If the Gangs start showing up, we'll fix that. But those Good Kids who put their hearts and minds into this will be giving congrats and protection by the neibors. Or so it would have been in the 40's and 50's. Given by tose who had just fought a World War and knew what freedon really meant.
America the free does not exist anymore.. Yea we need change, get out your guns boys it's gone get ruff around here...
Ott

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:59 AM »

The USA: one of the most restrictive "free countries" in the world.
Yeah Don well... per the announcer at the end of the video... "its just not 1957 anymore"
c. mac neill w8znx
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

sounds like they approached it correctly.
the town is trying to find an appropriate place to relocate the field to.
I would not want a bunch of screaming kids everyday in my backyard, this isnt a small group either about 50+ people gathering.

right
town hall
is trying to make it so the kids have a ball field
and make the neighbors happy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015