The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HUZ AND JN -antenna work in progress - need info.  (Read 6686 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »

we went out back and found the other part of he antenna intact and ready to be slung back up. We did not find any antenna rope however. It broke at the end insulator. It might be all up in the tree still, but I cant find where it was tied off. Which tree did you tie it to? how far back and how much to the left?

The other side is still up, just about 10 ft lower than it was.

come awn.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

From your fence, it was about 75 feet back and to the left. So the end of the antenna was at or in the tree close to your fence, but the rope was tied off a tree or two further away. I hope this makes sense.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:42:34 PM »

Derb -  It's the tree with the gray bark with green leaves next to the bushes -  NOT the one with the poison ivy vines.

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:14 PM »

heh JJ.

OK, yeah that makes sense. let me run back there again and look more along that direction to the left , to the left, to the left.
See if I can get the rope back down and connect the endpoint of the ant to it using a new end insulator.  Then find something I can sling. I can get the tuner operational in a hour or so. just need to hook and slobber the internal connections back up.

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »

got it, but now I'm not sure if the wire broke at the insulator or not. I'll measure it and add if needed. I never did find any rope, I found the aircraft cable instead.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »

got the antenna down intact, only lost a few feet of wire. Be ready to go back up soon.  Cool Grin

tuner will be operational tomorrow morning, just have to solder in a few silver straps.  might go ahead and black wrinkle the box too. Things are looking up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015