The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q: Bench Cleaning Time vs. Work??  (Read 29082 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »

Ed,
My limit is 3 receivers at once. I only have 7 racals, 4 cubics and a TCI/BR in th eoperating position.
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »

And I continue to note, you lazy thread hijackers, that no one who has a clean bench has the time to post on here at all!

any "clean benchers" out there or NOT??? Angry Angry Angry

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »

A clean bench (or any other workspace) is always the sign of a sick mind!! Shocked Shocked

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

"  And I continue to note, you lazy thread hijackers, that no one who has a clean bench has the time to post on here at all!  "

I am without sin.

* Cleaner than Dr. Ruth.JPG (1163 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 435 times.)

What? Me worry?
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »

Rating here is 4.

Percentage of time working is 70%, cleaning/putting away 30%.

The ratings are due to:
1.) having too many projects ongoing, which tend to get timeshared.
2.) having one work table, from which a project must be removed in order to work on another.
     ('big iron' excepted -they get worked on where they are)
3.) frequent influx of new supplies of parts or units-for-parts.
4.) stripping/salvaging is also done at the work table. This is included as "working".
5.) packing things for shipment is usually done on the work table, requiring removal of projects.

other comments:
1.) Putting away tools is aided by a giant too chest. otherwise the cleaning number would be higher.
2.) Cleaning means sweeping and taking scrap outside to the pile and stacking/restacking items on shelves.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WBear2GCR

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »

"  And I continue to note, you lazy thread hijackers, that no one who has a clean bench has the time to post on here at all!  "

I am without sin.

Well, two things -

that pile of crap on the floor behind you?  Wink   (cheating)

And, I'm not 100% certain that I really need a 3k wide hi res image of an empty bench to download on my dialup??  Roll Eyes

_-_-bear

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 01:47:06 AM »

"  Well, two things -

that pile of crap on the floor behind you?  Wink   (cheating)

And, I'm not 100% certain that I really need a 3k wide hi res image of an empty bench to download on my dialup??  Roll Eyes  "

I am Shocked, no, Shocked and Appalled that my kindly submission of a clean bench, one that was submitted with the utmost sincerity, has been ridiculed and dispersions have been cast upon my motives.  I feel so cheap.

Your salvation from dialup is just a click away...

http://www.timewarnercable.com/albany/

P.S.
I'll be on the 145.170 fri afternoon and most of sat....   

klc

What? Me worry?
WBear2GCR

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »

kindly indeed!

And fyi, I do not live in smAlbany, nor within the reaches of that hideous timewarner cable piracy group. No, I live in beautiful Greene County, where MidHudson Crapblevision is king! And since I live up on a "spur" road of sorts, in their infinite wisdom at the time that they put up cable, they did not run it up my road because there were too few homes. The chances that they will run there godforsaken rotten service the 1/2 mile (approx) that it would take to get here is likely nil. Unless of course I sign up all my neighbors and agree to a lifetime of endless ROT, hundreds of unwatchable channels of utter rubbish for the TV. That and an excessively high bill for TV and internet, with lousy service for no added charge.

Perhaps I need to come over and inspect that bench area... in the interests of truth, freedom and the American way?  Grin  <waves flag>

As far as 2M? Haven't been on 2M in a long time now, ever since the last time I tried with my HT and amplifier and the old amp (in the car) seemed to go funky. Sorry. Also can't get the hang of this new fangled "PL" thing, it's hard to talk and hum a low note at the same time...  Roll Eyes

_-_-bear

PS. Obviously, since clean bench types don't have time to post, you must be faking!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

kb3qay
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 07:23:59 AM »

Hi Bear - As per our QSO over the Independance Day Weekend - I'd rate my mess about a 5. Currently working on my new Valiant and cleanup won't commence til problem is solved. I find it difficult to break away from my work as long as the mystery remains unsolved. I'd best get a handle on time management lest my xyl takes serious offense. I heared Stu coin a phrase that covers my mental state - "Boat Anchor Fever" - Bear - You were asking about my Valiant 1. It has plenty of grid drive - but ever since a balky jumper plug on rear panel failed to supply low voltage problems have popped up. Wiggled the plug and everything lights up - but can't get more than a few watts out - It's won't respond to loading efforts. I'am thinking maybey a problem related to the clamper circuit. Any ideas? JIM KB3QAY
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015