The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:29:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mexican Coca-Cola  (Read 31830 times)
ka3zlr
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »

I like a Good Carbonated Red Pop Once in awhile...they used make that in glass bottles years ago...Great scthuff..Cameron Coca-Cola made it... Cheesy
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 08:51:31 PM »

This is were we get the good stuff: http://www.averysoda.com/

Check out their "Gross Flavors" link....methinks they might have been doing a joint venture with Timmy and his Slim-O-Tron.....

.....Toxic Slime - This electric blue soda with white floaty bits looks like a science experiment gone wrong.  Blue raspberry, orange and lemon are the dominant flavors in this tasty soda.......

.....Swamp Juice - This greenish-brown tonic is the most complicated formulation with over a half-dozen flavor ingredients. It has a surprisingly delicious fruity taste.....

....Dog Drool Soda - Pinkish white with lots of character, it looks like Rover's saliva glands are working overtime. This orange-lemon soda will have you drooling too!.....

....Bug Barf Soda - Something this guy’s been eating didn’t agree with him, but this greenish – yellow Kiwi/Pineapple mix is absolutely delicious. It’s sure to agree with you!....

.....Kitty Piddle Soda - Oops, kitty had an accident. But the Taste of this pale yellow, Orange/Pineapple mix is no accident. Bad Kitty. Good soda!....

.....Monster Mucus Soda - This deep purple potion has lots of body and is bursting with flavor. A monster combo of Strawberry and Blue Raspberry, it’s berry berry tasty!....

....These totally gross flavors are dedicated to the ten year old in all of us.  "They're SODAsgusting".....

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »

Is Orange Crush still sold anywhere?
K3ZS

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »

Got a case of Moxie a few years ago.   Not sure if it was new old stock or if they still make it.
W1EUJ
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »

Moxie is availble in most supermarkets in the E. Massachusetts area.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »

Last time I saw Crush, it was in 2L bottles only. Fanta is still available in 16/20z, Also Sunkist last I knew.

A&W still rocks....

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »

And who forgets Fresca?  Boy does that clean the palate
AF9J
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »

Last time I saw Crush, it was in 2L bottles only. Fanta is still available in 16/20z, Also Sunkist last I knew.

A&W still rocks....

I can get around here in 20 oz 6 packs.

Ellen - AF9J
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »

Elllen- Remember Canfield's?
AF9J
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »

Hmmmm, I think so.  I think it's still available in some places around here.  I just ook a look online you can buy it from here: 

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/products/canfields/

I usually drink diet colas (I'm not much of a coffee drinker), if I want a caffeine pick-me-up.  The Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda looks delish.  But the price! 

Ellen - AF9J
N8LGU

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:17 PM »

My grandfather always had a thing for Coke. I remember going to town with him when I was little (early '50's) and he would always want to stop at the Gulf station and get a couple of bottles for us. They were the small glass bottles with the city and state embossed on the bottom. They were so cold that they would frost up on a hot humid summer day. He would turn the bottle up and chug the whole thing down at once finishing with a resounding BURP. I tried to do the same thing but I would have to stop about half way with tears streaming down my cheeks. Boy those Cokes were good! The taste seemed much more intense than what you get today. Pepsi in those days seemed like weak sugar water compared to the REAL THING.

"Rock Cave Dave"
N8LGU

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »

And speaking of Moxie...While stationed at Pease AFB in the late '80's, I discovered Moxie. Never had heard of it before. All the Portsmith, NH locals drank it. Tastes like nothing else, but it's good. I wonder why it doesn't go national? People would probably like a change from all the colas and lemon lime drinks.

"Rock Cave Dave"
W1EUJ
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »

Polar Bevereges came out with flavored seltzers - no sugar or sweeteners - just water, CO2, and flavoring. You can drink as much as you want without rotting your teeth. The best has to be Vanilla.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »

Another brand from my childhood was Teem, available in dark green glass bottles and from the fountain machine at the local theater. Seems to have been replaced by Sprite. XYL mentioned NEHI last night when we were discussing it, is that still around?

Moxie.....if memory serves me correctly, 'yuck'. Tasted like cough syrup or such, from a faint teenage memory. Moxie was a BIG drink nationwide back in the earlier part of the 20th century, I have a number of Moxie items in the collection from a wooden crate to early embossed bottles with labels intact. Seems to have gone the way of Beemans and Blackjack gum: available as a novelty in limited areas. Maybe I should give it another try now that I'm well beyond the sicky-sweet stage of my youth.

Yes, those little green Coke bottles from either the tall red machines (place a quarter in, open side door, remove at bottom) or the floor coolers filled with water and ice were always ice cold, and tasted far better than today's beverages. With all the hype about 'green', it amazes me that so many companies continue to use plastic bottles that seem to get thinner by the year. One of the guys stocking the stuff in a local store told me the reason they have big sales so often is to get the stuff sold before it goes bad, something about the plastic breaking down within a few weeks and contaminating the flavor. No idea...

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 11:02:49 AM »

Rum and Wink

What? Me worry?
KA1ZGC
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »

Moxie.....if memory serves me correctly, 'yuck'. Tasted like cough syrup or such, from a faint teenage memory. Moxie was a BIG drink nationwide back in the earlier part of the 20th century, I have a number of Moxie items in the collection from a wooden crate to early embossed bottles with labels intact. Seems to have gone the way of Beemans and Blackjack gum: available as a novelty in limited areas. Maybe I should give it another try now that I'm well beyond the sicky-sweet stage of my youth.

Moxie is still around, still disgusting, and probably makes a good filament battery if you sink a bar of copper and a bar of lead into it and hook wires to the bars.

Moxie is a Maine invention, as are earmuffs. They taste about the same, too.

I'd rather guzzle Nyquil (not the cherry-flavored pantywaist version, either... the original green alien bile formula); it not only tastes better, but it gives you a decent buzz.

--Thom
Killer Agony One Zipper Got Caught
N8LGU

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

Remember "Flavor Straws"? Chocolate and strawberry. They had a chemical soaked wick inside the straw that you sucked your milk through. And then there was "Fizzies"...

"Rock Cave Dave"
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »

Looking for Moxie?

Great stuff!  It's the drink of choice for me in the carbonated category....
Which is very rare these days....

If you just NEED to find it... try here:

http://www.moxie.info/findmox.htm

K7NCR
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 12:27:09 AM »

Hi!
This stuff TRAVELS! My friend bought a case today at out Costco here in Kalispell, MONTANA  (not far from BFE) for $17.99 for 24 12oz bottles. Viva hecho en Mexico with real cane sugar!
Norm K7NCR.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

And then there was "Fizzies"...

Ahhh yes.... my favorite was Root Beer Fizzies straight into the mouth. Let it fizz for a while and wash it down with real root beer.

Man..... what a belch generator that was !!
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »

Hi all:

I tried the kosher Coca-Cola and it was a little better...not enough for me to buy it.

I quit all regular and diet sodas abotu 2 months ago and have move to unsweetened tea. So far I have lost 5 pounds without trying.

HFCS to me is bad. I try hard to avoid it, but it is nearly impossible. And corn is in amost everything you eat...from steak to hamburger buns to salad dressing.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/02/18/FDGS24VKMH1.DTL

Dan
W1DAN
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 04:27:03 PM »

Hi all:

I tried the kosher Coca-Cola and it was a little better...not enough for me to buy it.

I quit all regular and diet sodas abotu 2 months ago and have move to unsweetened tea. So far I have lost 5 pounds without trying.

HFCS to me is bad. I try hard to avoid it, but it is nearly impossible. And corn is in amost everything you eat...from steak to hamburger buns to salad dressing.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/02/18/FDGS24VKMH1.DTL

Dan
W1DAN

Tea is a mild diuretic and, if you drink enough, you will spend more time in the bathroom.  Shedding that extra water will keep you weight down.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 07:17:43 PM »

By taste, I 've always felt that tea is one of the main (secret) ingredients to Coke.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »

Tom, one would think that with modern analysis, the ingredients in Coke and Kentucky-Fried wouldn't be secret...
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »

From the looks of the "Moxie-Boy,"  I'd guess it was targeted to guys with lipstick and eyeliner.... Grin

http://www.metrocast.net/~moxieman/MoxieBoy.GIF

Hmmm.... now THAT would make a great avatar....

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015