The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:58:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back on the Air... FINALLY  (Read 4354 times)
ka2zni
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

Well after re-working the station and some added antenna work were up and running better than last spring when we pulled the plug for quite sometime on the AM scene due to faulty equipment and the bands growing increasingly noise with summertime static.

Talked to some familiar voices today, great to be back and looking forward to running into the rest of ya as time rolls by this year...
AF9J
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Longtime no see.  How are things going with you?  You still using the FT-101E for AM?  Also, did you work out your amplifier situation?

Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - in case you don't know, I bought a Johnson Viking II as a non-runner for $75, and restored it to working condition this past March.  It is my main low ban HF transmitter.  For the ghihg bands, I'm using your '101's evil twin - the FT-301 (I got one for peanuts in April, tried it on a lark on 10m, got good reports about it on 10m AM, and have been using it ever since).
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:32:12 PM »

Kevin: Good wishes and we'll catch you on 10 or75 this winter.
ka2zni
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »

Hi Kevin,

Longtime no see.  How are things going with you?  You still using the FT-101E for AM?  Also, did you work out your amplifier situation?

Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - in case you don't know, I bought a Johnson Viking II as a non-runner for $75, and restored it to working condition this past March.  It is my main low ban HF transmitter.  For the ghihg bands, I'm using your '101's evil twin - the FT-301 (I got one for peanuts in April, tried it on a lark on 10m, got good reports about it on 10m AM, and have been using it ever since).

Hello Ellen,

Well I look forward to hearing that Viking II!! We have not worked on the air yet so i am definitely looking forward to that day when we do!

Yes we are still using the Yaesu FT 101EE now completely re freshened inside with all new Caps throughout, Rectifier board redone etc... I have also happened upon a Drake L4B in PRISTINE condition, L4 PS redone with a Peter Dahl transformer, all new guts etc, The RF deck has been gone thru and cleaned up along with a new High Volume blower, another blower mounted externally above the chimneys too exhaust the heat, And a new 75 Meter Antenna that is working extremely well, I have had the fortune of talking to a few of the guys on AM as of late, Everything is working well and it's good to be back!

Great to see your still at it Ellen!

73's,
Kevin KA2ZNI
ka2zni
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:21:02 AM »

Kevin: Good wishes and we'll catch you on 10 or75 this winter.

I am certainly looking forward to it Bill!
AF9J
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »

I hope to catch you on the air Kevin.  Both the Viking II, and the FT-301SD are doing the business on AM.

Ellen - AF9J
ka2zni
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »

I hope to catch you on the air Kevin.  Both the Viking II, and the FT-301SD are doing the business on AM.

Ellen - AF9J

We'll look for ya, I plan on being on alot this weekend dependant upon band conditions, right around the 3.880 mark - a couple Kc's if 3.885 is occupied. Maybe we'll catch ya on than!

kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »

you sure sounded good when i talked to you on 75 about two weeks ago. i can't wait to get my ft-101 back on the air. fred kc4mop is supposed to look at it when i get it shipped out to him, which i hope is sometime soon.
shelby kb3ouk

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015