The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: York PA hamfester - who's going?  (Read 3273 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »

dis saturday. I haven't been to York in years and they are now in some park. me and wifey will make the scene. Is the show still any good for parts and junkbox stuff like it used to be or does it suck now?  Huh

want list: big bag of buzzardly terminal strips, junkbox goodies, pair of matching rf ammeters 2.5" size 0-5 amps FS, rg 58 size silver solder N connectors, and as always, 1 more gonset GSB 201 and 1 more KW / 275 W matchbox, both NOT IN "COLLECTOR QUALITY" or "MINT" condition. I want mine to have been touched by the hand of hammy hambone with prices to match. Extra holes and screwed up paint a bonus.

Also, a real nasty junker FT 101E,EE,EX strictly for parts and boards. will be dissembled down to the last screw for same.  Roll Eyes

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »

Last year was pretty good.  No rain.  Other years, meh...

The worst hamfest in the world beats the best day at work by a mile.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »

I had a person mail me and tell me ever since it left the fairgrounds, it's sucked and dont bother going.  Cheesy

maybe I better listen.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:28:45 AM »

I havent made up my mind yet. (leaning towards no) It depends on how late we stay working on yer gonstipated amp, and whether or not we get the predicted rain the wxman is promising us. Probably make the deciz on saturday morning ova a cup of java.

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »

yah, I'm leaning on not going now too. If the wx is gonna b nasty, forget it. Besides, I'm going to want to get the amp home and hook everything up !!!!! Cheesy

the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning on staying home. Plenty of better festers later in the year.

BLARGH.  Undecided Me and Glo are going to skip this one. I'm just going to want to come home and hook up the amp anyways.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015