The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:13:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boeing  (Read 102065 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »

Other than for petrobucks, Sam Walton became a wealthy man by overseeing the largest transfer of dollars ever from the USA to a totalitarian foreign nation employing cheap slave labor and little concern for human welfare.
What's not to admire?

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2008, 07:43:14 PM »

It's a world economy. So what?
ka3zlr
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

Other than for petrobucks, Sam Walton became a wealthy man by overseeing the largest transfer of dollars ever from the USA to a totalitarian foreign nation employing cheap slave labor and little concern for human welfare.
What's not to admire?

Can't argue there...You Have a Point Bill..
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »

Chinese hating. Man you guys sure are racist.
ka3zlr
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »

Chinese hating. Man you guys sure are racist.

But I am Not-A-Crook...LOL.......

WA1GFZ

« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »

I'm sure Huz would stand in front of the line willing to reduce his standard of living in favor of improving the lives of the people in China while calling Americans who lose their homes suckers and losers.
I remember being out of work in '91 and finally finding a job at 60% pay. It gives you a whole new view on your fellow man.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2008, 09:04:16 PM »

You've fallen for the shallow thinking of if they prosper, we must suffer.

Being racist is not a good perspective on your fellow man.

I'm sure Huz would stand in front of the line willing to reduce his standard of living in favor of improving the lives of the people in China while calling Americans who lose their homes suckers and losers.
I remember being out of work in '91 and finally finding a job at 60% pay. It gives you a whole new view on your fellow man.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

I agree with you Huz but I also see what is happening to manufacturing jobs in this country. I have no problem with China improving their lot but who you gonna call for help the next time we get into a real war...France?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2008, 09:28:12 PM »

I agree. We don't need to sell ourselves short. However, don't confuse manufacturing jobs with manufacturing output. The manufacturing production in this country has remained about constant over the last 10 years. Jobs have dropped. That shouldn't be surprising with more efficient methods and automation.

Don't worry about China. We'll take care of them with our secret weapon - MacDonalds!

I agree with you Huz but I also see what is happening to manufacturing jobs in this country. I have no problem with China improving their lot but who you gonna call for help the next time we get into a real war...France?
WA1GFZ

« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »

I think China is a bit sharper than that and it may take R.J. Reynolds.
I guess my fear is their government has a lot more on the ball than our's. I've spent a number of hours listening to their version of a congress. Their issues are not juiced baseball players. They are looking down the road 10 years and making plans for it to happen while our clowns wonder about the next stupid issue they can waste their time on while we head in reverse.
The more we rely on outsiders for technology the more we screw ourselves. 
ka3zlr
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2008, 04:10:07 AM »

For the most part i think a good bolstering of the American dollar would go along way.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »

China and business is one in the same. I'm saying it is right but they sure have their eye on the ball compared to what isn't going on in our government.
People are treated like ants at a picnic.
That's for sure on our mil. Let's see what have we done in the past 7 years. Smack production is at an all time high on one front and we have 150 thousand targets walking around on the other. Seems to me someone is making a lot of money and winning would just cut into profits.
ka3zlr
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »

Ok, how then do we return to a government by conviction.

There have been attempts...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »

Don't worry about China. We'll take care of them with our secret weapon - MacDonalds!

Forget that! MacDonalds is health food compared to a normal Chinese diet.

Nope.  They're all gonna get fat and die. Secret weapon. Don't tell anyone.
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 11:14:01 AM »

Can I go to NZ instead? I hear that they have Rainbow Trout the size of Frank there.

I flew out here to beautiful Silicon Valley yesterday on a Boeing 737 that probably never got inspected. Southwest said that the FAA said it was OK to skip a few - them's good planes.

Frank what is that thing about aluminum where it is always doing something when you wiggle it?

Mike

These are the good old days of AM
WA1GFZ

« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

Do you mean work hardening then cracking. 737 cattle car.
I spent way to many miles in that plane but my best ride was with 7 other guys with a mil driver.
My size trout...stay out of the water or be a worm.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »

What about that stock market Huz...were cooking everything is so good
WU2D
Contributing

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »

Frank -That's it ! Work hardening! Those new 787's are made of plastic. Will they come unglued?

Mike

WA2AAE

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »

Right now we are seeing the results of letting "corporate America" run open loop. Excessive CEO pay regardless of their performance, focusing on short term profits instead of long term success, and selling off of our industries for short term gains. I wonder how long it will take before we realize that we are destroying our country from within? As you keep on eliminating American jobs and reducing the middle class, who is going to be able to buy all of these imported products? And being politically correct rather than honest is another reason for our many problems. Tell it like it is.

My two cents.

73, Harvey

Harvey
WA1GFZ

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »

never mind glue on the 787 what about lightning??? That is a real big issue.
A lot of glue is presently used on metal planes. Rivets are used around the edges of panels but glue is used to internal ribs. Glue is even used in wet wings. This has been done for at least 25 years and results in stronger wings because you don't have to drill as many holes in the skin.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »

that is total bull shit. It doesn't take 40,000 people to shoot paint and mount a couple radios in an airplane.
MICHAEL
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »

"never mind glue on the 787 what about lightning??? That is a real big issue."

Lightning is not an issue on composite aircraft. Having worked at Columbia Aircraft, I can tell you that a copper mesh screen is imbeded in the material and tied together at all joints. This gives a very good lightning protection.

mike
WU2D
Contributing

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

Frank,

Three of the "kids" in my class that I am taking online are working at Boeing on the 787 and you are correct, they have fears of failing the lightning testing. The idea is to impregnate the composite with a conductive mesh but apparently the mesh may not be "good enough".

Ladies and gentleman use the buckle to securely attach your ground strap tightly around your ass.

Mike 

WA1GFZ

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

that is also bull shit. The planes will be built in France by French people who don't pay taxes to the American Government.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

Stock market is up because they are printing another $200B of paper.
The lightning issue is still big. We make a ton of stuff going into the plane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015