The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:15:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boeing  (Read 102083 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »

Sure. Historically low interest rates, historically low unemployment and the stock market went over 13000.  Made tons of money on my oil stock. Yes, I'd say it went well.

Bud are you a bit early on the Clinton basing. I take it you feel the past 7 years went well?
WA1GFZ

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »

Hey Huz I think your Dog is getting pissed off at that friggen bug running figure 8s.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2008, 10:29:53 PM »

What's political about making money?

Sure. Historically low interest rates, historically low unemployment and the stock market went over 13000.  Made tons of money on my oil stock. Yes, I'd say it went well.
Bud are you a bit early on the Clinton basing. I take it you feel the past 7 years went well?

Now wait just a !@#$%^ minute here, are you administrator/moderator/whateveror types allowed to stir political debate? Wink
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »

Not to mention Paris Hilton's rise to fame...
WA1GFZ

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »

I was referring to America in general, not to start a political debate
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »

Indeed. Lots of fresh air in NZ. Don't worry, I'll be back to my dullard self soon.

You've been 'on a roll' ever since you got back home, the trip must have done you a lot of good.
K3ZS

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »

The bugs are multiplying!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »

So Huz,
did it bother you to stand upside down in NZ. Did you have to degauss yourself?
WA1GFZ

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2008, 05:08:42 PM »

I see on CNN news my man Joe Courtney P&Ming about the deal with air bus. He is pretty good about asking your opinion and answering emails.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »

Well my blood is at a good boil as I watch C-span on this tanker deal.. Air bus got the RFQ modified to require a bigger plane just before it went out for bid making Boeing non complaint. Boeing offered the 767 and they could have just as easily upped it to the 777.
This bimbo talking out of the side of her mouth is so full of crap it makes me sick. The Air Force wanted a smaller plane to begin with.

WTF is wrong with these people
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2008, 09:55:55 PM »

Quote from: WA1GFZ on Yesterday at 09:49:28 PM

Ya... what Steve said !!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »

Let's see the dollar is worth 2/3 what is did 7 years ago and the stock market is up what 300 points. Oh yea it did spike for what 3 months....wow
Trumped by $5T my kids get stuck with WOW and I thought the euro was doing well
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »

You mean someone else makes consumer electronics besides China!?

I just found out that Sears Roebuck still makes good on their lifetime Craftsman hand tool guarantee.  Back in the 70's I bought a small diagonal cutter from the Sears store in Cambridge, MA.  It was good quality, made in USA.  Sometime in the 80's or 90's I managed to break it, trying to cut something larger than it was  designed to cut, so I took it back to the Sears store here and they exchanged it for what looked like an identical item, made in Japan.  Last week I broke that one, same way, trying to cut something it wasn't designed for.  So I took it back to the Sears store, and they exchanged it, no questions asked, for a very similar but not exactly identical unit, this time made in China.  It works well; let's see how long this one lasts.

We haven't seen the end of this.   There will be great gnashing of teeth in Congress and lawsuits.

One question I haven't seen addressed is why Airbus won.   I heard the DOD guy say they're offering a better plane in all regards.   We can't blame cheap ("slave") labor.

Certainly not, if it was made in western Europe.  Their workers got paid more per hour than Boeing workers would have.  Plus better benefits and 3 times as much vacation time.

Airbus employs around 57,000 people at sixteen sites in four European Union countries: Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and Spain. Final assembly production is at Toulouse (France) and Hamburg (Germany). Airbus has subsidiaries in the United States, Japan and China...On 1 March 2008 it was the announced that a consortium of Airbus and Northrop Grumman had won a $40bn contract to build the new in-flight refuelling aircraft KC-45A for the USAF. A plant will be built in Mobile, Alabama for KC-45A, A330-200MRTT and A330-200F production.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »

LOL! I want some of what you are smoking. Must be good stuff to be that disconnected from reality. Maybe I'll just call you Dan (as in Dan Rather). Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

The Dow Jones Industrial Index was at 7740 on 7 March 2003. It sits at 11880 today. Please show the math used to get a difference of 300 points and over only a 3 month period.

puff, puff, pass......

Let's see the dollar is worth 2/3 what is did 7 years ago and the stock market is up what 300 points. Oh yea it did spike for what 3 months....wow
Trumped by $5T my kids get stuck with WOW and I thought the euro was doing well
WA1GFZ

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

how about you flash back to 1991 when it hit 11700
how did it get down to 7700???
WA1GFZ

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »

sure and that is why the euro is also taking off. And the $5T credit card is caused by all the welfare and ss.
The money is flying out of the stock market because of the value of the dollar.
Gee what about 1992 to 2000 compared to 2000 to 2008 
Not quite time to take advantage of the foreclosures
WA1GFZ

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »

so what is going to happen to turn things around? not McSame.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

Remember what Sam Walton said after he became the biggest single loser in stock market history? "It was paper yesterday and it's still paper today".

Tell that one to the retirement savings in my 401K.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »

Puff, puff, pass...

Ever heard of the dot com bubble and 9/11?

Puff, puff, pass...

how about you flash back to 1991 when it hit 11700
how did it get down to 7700???
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2008, 07:10:57 PM »

Why? Are you retiring tomorrow?

Foreclosures have happened every day for the last 50 years. If more happen, it's called a market correction. Those who were dumb and/or greedy enough to take an ARM and think it would never go up, get what they deserve. Rates on fixed mortgages continue to drop and do house prices. Now is the time to buy!

Remember what Sam Walton said after he became the biggest single loser in stock market history? "It was paper yesterday and it's still paper today".

Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »

Been there, done that. I used to have a lot of fellow employees at the telco that would come in to work severely depressed because the stock price slipped, some even had their losses written out on a sheet of paper to cry on. My reply was always the same, "I didn't lose a dime in my account yesterday, because I didn't sell a single share". When some were in deep depression I even bought their "in hand" shares and every one of them would get madder than !@#$ at me when the price went past it's previous high and then the shares split 2 or 3 to 1. Some of these same guys even got so nervous that they rolled their share accounts into a 'guaranteed interest fund' and lost big time. The stock market isn't for everyone and timing is everything. I think I had to wait about 1-2 years after retiring before I rolled my 401K & personal savings fund out, to take advantage of a good price per share.

I understand the ups and downs, Mack.
But is *is* my hard-earned money, not just some paper. And it is prudently divided into many investments and bond funds.

Know which fund did the best last year? The one specializing in off-shore stocks.

Don't get me started on Wal-Mart. Sam Walton should have been nominated for China's "Citizen of the Decade" award for his efforts in raising their living standards at the expense of ours.

<rant mode off>
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »

Why? Are you retiring tomorrow?

Foreclosures have happened every day for the last 50 years. If more happen, it's called a market correction. Those who were dumb and/or greedy enough to take an ARM and think it would never go up, get what they deserve. Rates on fixed mortgages continue to drop and do house prices. Now is the time to buy!

I am really trying not to offer a Pavlovian reply to a chain pull, Steve!
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »

LOL.  I love Sam Walton. He's the quintessential American success story. Those who hate him are either anti-capitalist, jealous or both.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »

LOL.  I love Sam Walton. He's the quintessential American success story. Those who hate him are either anti-capitalist, jealous or both.

Please don't forward my previous post to the Un-American Activity Judgment Committee, Steve!
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »

Why? The company has only been more successful since his passing.

I love Sam Walton. He's the quintessential American success story. Those who hate him are either anti-capitalist, jealous or both.

I'm fond of Sam also, can't say much for his kids or the management team that took over after his death though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015