The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boeing  (Read 102079 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 11:05:46 AM »

Not even close. The British and the USSR won WWII. The British and the French won WWI.

American workers are lazy and largely incompetent. That's why the dollar is down.

I think WW1 and WW2 more than covered it HUZ.

I've been on the F22 assembly line and I would put that talent up against anyone on earth. I would pay double to protect that talent.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrs254R5P0

The F22 is obsolete. We are turning our own country into what we claim to be fighting against.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »

American workers are lazy and largely incompetent. That's why the dollar is down.

Steve, I frequently work with college students and interns, don't sell the kids short. In spite of my preconceptions, I am constantly impressed with the talent, skill and motivation many do have. Sharp as tacks.

But they need to be reached out to and plugged into meaningful, challenging endeavors. By and large, American companies are really messed up, the lazy and incompetent are at the top, too.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

HUZ you have the people in charge confused with the working class big time.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »

The people in charge got there because they are smarter and work harder than the so called working class. If the working class was so great, why are unskilled Mexicans able to come to this country and take their jobs?

The French are the center of the universe. Just ask them.

HUZ you have the people in charge confused with the working class big time.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »

HUZ you yank a good chain
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »

Yea, it was a good run, while it lasted. Now, back to bashing the French!!!!!

HUZ you yank a good chain
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 03:59:32 PM »

You do not like French Toast???  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocking!

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
WA1GFZ

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »

Hey Derb, Get yourself a picture of the fire coming out of a F22 motor (P&W F119) and tell me it's yesterday.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »

Northrop Grumman, now there's a true useless sack of crap when it comes to submarine building and hopefully the Navy will dump them and save the taxpayer a gob.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »

Actually, it really is. Unmanned aircraft are the future. Further, stategically, the Airforce is moving into the space and cyber arenas as the future of warfare. Manned fighters are 20th century.

Hey Derb, Get yourself a picture of the fire coming out of a F22 motor (P&W F119) and tell me it's yesterday.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »

Anyway, the military isn't dedicated to unmanned combat missions to a very high degree at this time.

And that's my point. We aren't talking about now, we're talking about the future. And, no I wasn't kidding. Do some reading on the AF's move into the space and cyber realms. That is the future.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

never got Bin Ladin or his main flunky the Duke of Earl or whatever his name was.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »

We didn't get the bad guy because we didn't have the balls to use the right weapon on that hunk of pig crap.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »

We got him. We just ain't found his remains.
He IS cave temperature at Bora Bora.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

Yea, it was a good run, while it lasted. Now, back to bashing the French!!!!!

You enlightened folks who take such pleasure in bashing the French, how many of you have ever even been to France?

Or is this where you get your information about what's going on in the rest of the world?

As for buying American, even Ten-Tec rigs are filled with components manufactured with offshore slave labour.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »

Nah. Here.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

Don,
We are not bashing France. We are bashing the fact that the USAF would prefer to employ the French over the American tax payer worried about his job.
While HUZ yanks everybodies chain
David, K3TUE
Per-spiring AM'er
Contributing

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »

It basically looks like Grumman is buying the plane from Air Bus and outfitting it to do the job they need it to do, like a conversion camper van.  You know they are gonna have to build it in the US to make this profitable, given the strength of the Euro.  They may even be planning on using indocumentados.

David, K3TUE
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »

The reason that the military is going elsewhere is because the way of doing DOD business from congress all the way down to the plant worker has generated military programs that take so long to develop that they are usually obsolete by the time they are finished. The C17 and the Boeing 777 are about the same in complexity. The C17 took upwards of 15 to 20 years to field. Waste in an overrun program like this is ridiculous. The Justice Department took McDonnell Douglas to court for defrauding the United States on the C17. The 777 was fielded in 5 years flat. The DOD must learn to maintain the superiority of the American military with less cost because we are about out of money. Overruns of 1.5B for Sea Wolf and 200M for EACH B1 and on and on.

Flame On Frank

These are the good old days of AM
WA1GFZ

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 09:02:50 PM »

There was a day when Grumman built some of the best airplanes. Take the A10 or F14 for example. That is pretty piss poor that they can go offshore and employ someone else to design and build while Americans lose their jobs and still be expected to pay the bill.
AMroo
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »

During the revolution- The French were revolting.......mmm guess what?
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

As for buying American, even Ten-Tec rigs are filled with components manufactured with offshore slave labour.

Ah yes, "As American as Apple Pie" !!

Oh, wait....

Apple Pie is British!!!

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »

Don,
We are not bashing France. We are bashing the fact that the USAF would prefer to employ the French over the American tax payer worried about his job.
While HUZ yanks everybodies chain

Actually, I'm surprised we aren't buying them from China!

I read an article in the local newspaper the other day, that Wal-Fart may soon be offering Chinese-made cars in the near future, at less that $8K per copy.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
AF9J
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »

There was a day when Grumman built some of the best airplanes. Take the A10 or F14 for example. That is pretty piss poor that they can go offshore and employ someone else to design and build while Americans lose their jobs and still be expected to pay the bill.

Ummm Frank, with regards to the A-10, you're only partially right.  The A-10, was originally designed & built by Fairchild-Republic (hence it's original, less popular name of Thunderbolt 2 [derived from the WW2, Republic P-47 Thunderbolt]).  It went into service in the late 70s/early 80s, and did not become a so called Grumman A-10, until Grumman bought out Fairchild-Republic in the late 80s.  I'm not even sure Grumman ever built an A-10.  I do know that they modified some A-10s into OA-10s (basically dual purpose observation/FAC, and attack aircraft).  

Ellen - AF9J  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015