The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:38:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boeing  (Read 102069 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

I'll be awaiting the contempt of Congress charges.

that is also bull shit. The planes will be built in France by French people who don't pay taxes to the American Government.

VGB sez:
After hearing all the info & Congressional debate on this deal, there's a few undeniable facts involved. Money wise for the American tax payer the deal with the Air Bus is a good one, plus Grumman is promising to add 40K new American jobs in the process which nicely offsets the recent 63K jobs lost.
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »

Well this thread covered many aspects of the fun involved with big military contracts and how US jobs are directly impacted so a few outbursts were warranted I guess.

There was a 25 cent editorial in the USA today - today - freebee at my hotel.

"Boeing has about a quarter trillion dollars woth of backlogged orders for its commercial aircraft, many from overseas buyers, and is in no danger of going out of business; in fact it is hiring."

" To its credit Boeing is basing its case on the merits of the competing aircraft"

" competition is fine as long as only Boeing can win; that other nations should but US aircraft, but the US won't buy theirs; and lobbying, campaign donations and a USA address are more important than which plane does a better job"

Available evidence indicates that the Air Force got the best airplane for the money and was scrupulous about making the choice .. The last time the Air Force tried to award a contract to replace the Eisenhower-era tanker jets, it cooked up a sleasy deal with Boeing that collapsed in scandal after Sen. John McCain R-Ariz. helped blow the whistle. A Boeing executive and a former AF procurement official went to prison and Boeings CEO resigned.

Mike WU2D

These are the good old days of AM
WA1GFZ

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »

I still think our Mil stuff needs to be built here. Also the AF needs a light tanker not another KC10.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »

Nice thought but we crossed that bridge decades ago.

I still think our Mil stuff needs to be built here.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:31 PM »

I still consider it way past stupid to rely on outsiders for our mil hardware.
ka3zlr
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

C'mon Frank, repetitive machining withstanding, it's normal business practice to farm out..in certain areas.

With all do Respect.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

Family trait is showing.....sorry
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015