The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:19:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM Pony Express from New Mexico to Vermont or somewhere close?  (Read 3577 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »

A long shot, I know. But having been bitten in the recent past by FedEx, I gotta ask anyhow.

I have a rather hefty piece of black wrinkle radio gear sitting in Albuquerque needing to come to Randolph (aka 'Randawful') and would prefer to pay someone with knowledge of such things to handle it personally rather than leaving it to a max throughput shipper. 100 lbs+ and somewhat large/bulky, so it's an accident waiting to happen if shipped. Crating and shipping as freight would probably be a better option.

Would probably require multiple hops if it's even possible. I'm certainly willing and able to drive a ways myself to meet someone for pickup. 

Always open to other shipping and transport suggestions from the experts, too.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WB2RJR

1st BCT, 10th Mountain, returned from Iraq 11/2008

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:39:21 PM »

Todd,

This Thursday I go on work 24/7 for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks off.

I'm planning a trip back to NY to visit relatives. Was going to do it this month but decided to get insulation, wiring, heaters, paneling etc. in the garage at the QTH in Wyoming.

When I leave here I will be going to my place in Golden,Co. , and then on my way to NY. If you can get it to Denver, I can take it to Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse.

That'll get about 1700 miles out of the way. Don't know how big it is but I'll be taking my 2005 Ranger 4X4.

Let's see what else shows up here.

Marty WB2RJR

AMI #20, GACW #786
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »

Many thanks for the offer, Marty. If I can find someone to get it to Denver, hauling it to Syracuse would work out just fine. I might be able to talk G into serving as a drop off point or even drive over myself. The seller is working on getting it crated up for transport, and I'd be more than happy to pay you well for your time and effort. As I told the seller, my expectation would be to pay as much or more than actual shipping would cost, simply for the peace of mind in knowing it would be properly handled by someone fluent in radio.

It's a table top unit, if you can call 100 lbs of steel, Bakelite, copper & glass 'table top'. Didn't they promote the Globe King as a table top unit also? It's not that big.

I'll post the info to a few of the email sites and see if anyone will be making the trip from Albuquerque to Denver soon. Thanks again!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015