The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great AM QSO on 20 meters with KF2VM this morning!  (Read 3888 times)
xe1yzy

« on: November 07, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »

Hello Guys

This morning I was surfing the 20 meters band with my R390 and my Viking Valiant, suddenly I heard a very loud station calling CQ on CW, it was Jamie KF2VM, well, I answer the call, and when I told him  "rig hr is a Viking Valiant" , he ask me if I wants to try an AM qso because he also have a Viking, a Viking 500!

He warms filaments and well we make a QSY, and go to AM, was great!, for me is the longest AM QSO at the moment!, Is a long distance from Albany NY to central Mexico!, Im keep on looking for you guys on the AM frecuencies!

Best Regards

Pedro / XE1YZY

TVI WHAT TVI?
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »

Very cool.
Glad you guys crossed paths on 20 meters.
That used to be a hangout when Les, W6HQI was around, but it has fallen off in recent years.

Maybe time for a revival.

Tonight we had fairly long distance propagation on 75m, not quite to central Mexico, but at least to Kansas where I worked Jim W0NKL,
KL7OF

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:04:09 PM »

Pedro..... Check around 14.285- .286 around 1-2 PM pacific.  I operate there several times each week.. I am using a homebrew TX at 400 watts carrier and the RX is an RBC navy receiver..My antenna is a full wave loop oriented SE-NW....Hope to QSO you there....I am located in WA state.    Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015