The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stereo Audio Delay Line?  (Read 3157 times)
AB3L
Contributing

« on: October 08, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »

I would like to get some idea's for the home video setup.
The problem is we have a great play by play radio team here in Pittsburgh for the Steelers games. We usually get a lack luster TV broadcast team on the network so we turn down the sound and listen to the radio. With High Def I can count about a three second delay between the regular TV broadcast and the HD. That combined with a normal but acceptable delay of about a second or so on the radio side gives us an annoying major delay between audio and video.

Is there a solution to this problem in the Consumer price range? My first question went to Crutchfield but they were of no help. I did a Google on this but only found something that would give a 2.5 second delay only.

K3ZS

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »

Some of the sound card audio filtering programs have a few seconds delay between in put and output.   Multipsk is one with  some filters.   Run your undelayed sound into the computer line in and listen to the audio from the computer.    You could probably change the filter tap settings to customize the delay.   I think you can also adjust DirectX sound card drivers delay in their settings menu.   I would bet someone has created a delay box using the computer sound card.
AB3L
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »

Might be the way to go. I've been told recently about how Netflix is or will be offering movie downloads. The laptop or desktop will be a part of the video setup too like it is for just about everything else.  Make room under the TV stand.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015