The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:04:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Beloved Karen  (Read 29059 times)
N5RLR
Extra With A Side Of Fries

Supremely Lurking

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 04:34:04 AM »

Herb, my sincerest condolences, sir.  May you and your family be comforted now and evermore.

Michael

Licensed Since 1990  Cheesy
K3ZS

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 09:57:59 AM »

Dear Herb,

Although we talked only a few times, I feel that I know you.   Deepest condolences to you and wish you comfort in the future from your many ham radio friends.

Bob
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »

Herb,

I'm sorry. Words are weak and futile at times like these.

Regards,

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
nu2b
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »

Herb,
Having lost my Janet last year after 37 years and 3 children, please
accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your Karen.
May God Bless and bring healing to your family during this time.

BobbyThompson
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »

So very sorry Herb.  Best to you now and your wonderful family.
Sincerely,
Rick

RICK  *W3RSW*
WA2TTP Steve

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 02:11:28 AM »

Herb,

I can't begin to sense the pain and heartache that you and your daughters must be feeling during this sad time but I feel the closeness of you family will give you and daughters the support to get through this and to celibrate Karen's life.
Please accept my deepest condolences from a fellow ham.

Steve
WA2TTP
ve6pg

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2007, 08:38:20 AM »

...herb...very sad news...you have a loving family, and friends out there to help...tim....sk...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

Herb,
I am very sorry to hear about Karens passing.  That has to be a tuff one to handle.  You have certainly done the correct thing by letting all your Ham Radio friends know so they can support you during this extreamly difficult time.  Through your fantastic family, your Ham Radio friends and your faith, you will get through this one. 
Our deepest sympathies to you and your entire family.  I will look for you on the air soon.
Sincerely,
Joe, W3GMS 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2007, 12:38:32 AM »

Herb,
I haven't checked AMFone for quite some time and coming here tonight, I found this sad news.

Please accept my condolences and know that even though my station is dark for the time being, your strapping voice from PY, NY is remembered fondly.  I hope that together you and your daughters will find strength and comfort in the love you shared for Karen and that you'll be able to buoy one another up in the days ahead. 

Take care, my friend. 

Paul, K2ORC/4
Va. Beach, VA     

Go Duke![/b]
wa2zdy
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 09:25:41 PM »

Herb, I am saddened to hear of your loss.   You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Chris
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »

Dear Friends on the Bulletin Board,

With almost sixty replies here on this AM Forum, as well as numerous personal emails and sympathy cards by regular mail, in addition to the AWA participants who came down to Penn Yan from the AWA Fall Conference at Rochester to call at the funeral home, and the local Hams who stopped by, I want to say another  Thank You to all my good friends in Ham Radio.  You have warmed my heart, and have made me appreciate what a great group the Hams really are.  You have helped me to deal with my grief.

Saturday we put Karen to rest in Buffalo, where she and I were both born and grew up, and where we met exactly 40 years ago on Friday, the day of her funeral.  I will miss her so much.

I am not quite up to getting back on the air yet, but will soon.  Meantime my two loving daughters and my wonderful son-in-law are helping me with all the things that need to be taken care of at a time like this.

I hope to talk with you all soon again on the radio.

In the words of Dicken's Tiny Tim, God bless us, every one.

With fondest regards,

Herb Ulrich, K2VH

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 07:29:03 AM »

Herb, I am so sorry.

65 is so young - too young.

You take care and we'll hear you on when you're ready.

Please, absolutely, let me know if you need anything or just want to talk.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Regards,

Steve and Sherrie

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

I have not been in here in a long while and so sad to read this. you have my deepest and heartfelt condolences to you Herb, and to your family.

....Deano

am forever!
Tim WA1HnyLR

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »

Dear Herb,
  I am greatly saddened by the news of the passing of  your life partner Karen. I can't fathom the feeling of loss of  a partner for 39 years. I have been there on a small scale. I lost a woman I had been with for  one year, Sherry in '03. It was quite the feeling of loss. You never really quite get over it . As I stressed to you the other day while talking with you on 75.Surround yourself with your friends.Spend more time playing radio when not with your daughters. If you wake up at two in the morning and can't get back to sleep,thoughts racing through your head just get on the radio . You never know who may be out there to help take your mind off of things. Maybe I may catch you there.As Marce said while I was getting ready to post this you have a standing invatation to come and hang out here on Henry Nyellar mountain. Take care ,Tim WA1HnyLR
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015