The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Beloved Karen  (Read 29071 times)
KA1ZGC
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »

Herb,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that words can no better express our sorrow than they could express yours.

This is a time for you to be with family and friends, to share your grief and take solace in that sharing. Their warm embrace is your best friend in times such as these.

Take your time, be with those who gather with you now in common love and heartache.

When the gathering clears, and the families and friends gradually return to their normal lives; there is another family who will be waiting patiently with open arms, and we will always be here to comfort, console, and help in any way we can.

My deepest sympathies are with you all. May Karen find peace in her soul, and may you all find peace in your hearts.

--Thom
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »

Awful news, Herb.  My sincere condolences go out to you and your family.   May you be spared further sorrow.

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
Rob K2CU
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope your daughters are close by at this time of sorrow.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 05:53:08 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

I can't imagine your loss Herb but my thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find peace.
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »

I am saddened by your news, Herb.  Please accept my condolences.

Mister Mike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
WA3VJB
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »

Herb, Aug 20th/yesterday was our anniversary, and while we haven't been married very long Pam and I know the days are precious in the time ahead. 

Karen was fortunate to have you, a warm and giving person, generous with thought and deed. You are lucky to have had a house full of women, and some portion of the matriarch shall live on in all of them. My condolences, my friend.
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »

I can't imagine what losing my best friend, Margaret, would be like or what you are going through. I am very sorry for your loss and hope that through it all you can find peace and comfort in your family and friends.

Bill
KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »

Herb:

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the pain is not too great for you.

There are many people on the radio who like you and are ready to help.

I lost a friend last Friday...Jim WB2PID. He was not an AM'er but a totally fantastic guy. He was a board member of my ham radio club and I will miss him a lot.

Thinking of you,

Dan
W1DAN
W1TAV
Contributing

The Glow of Wood and Radios

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »

Herb,

Having lost my wife just two weeks ago, my heart goes out for you. 

Best regards,

Steve - W1TAV

Steve - W1TAV
WB2CAU

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Herb.  You have my sincerest condolences.

Eric - WB2CAU

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Rick K5IAR
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 11:36:06 PM »

Herb,

Please, accept my sincere condolences in this time of sorrow.  You have a beautiful family, I hope it makes your journey through these tough times more bearable.

Rick
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2007, 12:06:46 AM »

My dear friends on this bulletin board,

I am sittring here with tears in my eyes reading your wonderful messages of condolence to me and my family.  I do indeed have a second family right here, and on the air.  Thank you so much for messages posted, and also for some private emails sent to me.

If you would like to read more about Karen, the funeral chapel has a web site, and what follows is the link directly to her obit.

My love and appreciation to you all.

Herb

www.townsendwoodfuneralchapel.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=479&Itemid=46

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
John K5PRO

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »

Herb

Though I don't know you personally, as a participant of AMfone I wish you comfort after your loss of your partner. It will take time, but you will recover. Its hard to imagine such things at this time, but grief helps heal also.
John
W1GFH
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 02:01:59 AM »

My sincere condolences, Herb.
N2udf
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 07:08:43 AM »

Herb,
Deepest sympathies from Jackie and Myself.....Lee,N2UDF.
W1UJR
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 07:29:39 AM »

Herb, what can I say, I am so deeply sorry for your loss.
While I had not the privilege to meet Karen personally, knowing you as I do, I am certain that she was a most special woman.
To lose someone with whom you shared a lifetime of love and memories...
I don't know the words to console you my friend, but know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Let me know if I can help in any way.

-Bruce
Roy K8VWX
Contributing

Pr. 4 -1000s Mod Pr. 5868

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

It seems as though I knew Karen so well over the many years we chatted on the air Herb and so sad as you stated on the phone Monday that at 65 she was just too young. My condolences again Herb.                                                                                                Roy   
W7SOE
Contributing

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »

Herb,
    My condolences to you and your family. 

Best Regards

Rich
Nick,KG2IR
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:03 PM »

Herb,
It is truly a sad time when you lose your life time partner,friend,lover and  I am sure,your inspiration.
Look around you and enjoy what you two have created in your two girls and grandchildren.
Our thoughts and prayers  are with you.
Love
Cadie & Nick
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 04:24:32 PM »

Herb,
I know you and I have never met in person or on the air, or even exchanged messages here but I want you to know, despite that, you have a friend here and my sympathies to you and your families pain.  Please accept my condolences to you and your family. 

Although Karen will be missed in this world, she will live on forever in another world.

Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
W1UX
Contributing

When ya see a fork in the road, TAKE IT!

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

Herb - Only just checked in and saw this terrible piece of news from your end about Karen.
Heartfelt sympathy to you from this end Herb, no words can suffice for consolation. But you are in our thoughts. Prayers to you from us for peace and above all support, comfort and solace from your wonderful children -
73 and Peace from
Al W1UX

Al "Al" (Al)  W1UX..... over, OVER!!! anyone OUT THERE? hi hi ha ha hee hee ho ho haw haw DAMMIT! Where'd that FLY come from?!?!?
n1exi

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »

Deepest sympathy on your loss Herb
Greg
K1ETP
Contributing

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Herb.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rich
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 09:51:22 PM »

Dear Herb,

Janet and I offer our most deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and your family on the loss of your soulmate, Karen. We are so sorry to hear this sad news.

With Warmest Regards,

Bruce, W2XR

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015