The AM Forum
April 17, 2024, 11:05:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The role of duct tape in cosmological evolution  (Read 5145 times)
AB2EZ

"Season's Greetings" looks okay to me...

« on: May 10, 2007, 07:22:36 PM »

Recently published, precision measurements of cosmic blackbody radiation, believed to be a remnant of the "big bang", indicate that there are large scale inhomogeneities in the structure of the universe that can be traced back in time to the earliest seconds following the big bang. The source of these large scale inhomogeneities remains as one of the open questions in modern physics.

Last week, scientists at the 3M R&D laboratories proposed that the source of these primordial inhomogeneities might be the formation of large quantities of duct tape particles in the first few seconds after the big bang. These duct tape particles would initially form as linear strips... but would quickly self-assemble into huge, complex objects... ranging in size from that of a small automobile to that of a large planet.

Photons produced in the big bang would become entangled with the randomly shaped duct tape objects, causing phase distortions that are now embodied in the large scale inhomogeneities of the observable universe, as observed by today's cosmologists.

This theory has gained unusually wide support among both scientists (tape theory as an alternative to sting theory) and also among various religious groups who find the idea of a plentiful supply of duct tape at the moment of creation to be consistent with most concepts of "intelligent design".

Best regards
Stu

Stewart ("Stu") Personick. Pictured: (from The New Yorker) "Season's Greetings" looks OK to me. Let's run it by the legal department
k7yoo

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »

That all went waaaay over my head--but I do know that it wrks great to patch up the cooler, keep the kids from trashing the back of the mini van, and get the cat hair off of my slacks before church.
Skip
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:47:47 PM »

Another school of thought about recently published, precision measurements of cosmic blackbody radiation, believed to be a remnant of the "big bang", indicate that there are large scale inhomogeneities in the structure of the universe that can be traced back in time to the earliest seconds following the big bang is extant. While the source of these large scale inhomogeneities remains as one of the open questions in modern physics, some believe the theory that explains it all now exists.

Rather than the source of these primordial inhomogeneities being tape or duckt tape like structures, the alternative interpretation of the data yields another result. The mathematics shows in simulation that the structures are more like chains.

In layman's terms, microseconds after the big bang chain like structures are formed. The chain structure has special properties, quite different than the duct tape theorists attribution. Although the mechanism's source is not yet clear from super computer simulation, it is clear that the chain is being yanked. The chain yanking causes a spinning motion to be induced locally, which in turn may account for the spiral shape of the galaxys and the spin of the planets, even atomic spin. Conceptually, the chain is not unlike those used on the water closets of the past. Yanking the chain, just as it does there, results in an indirect action, in this example of the water being released and then the spiral vortex appearing in the bowl. I think the relationships are empirically obvious.

So, it is now clear that yanking of the chain, chain yanking, or the chain being yanked is what is happening.

_-_-WBear2GCR

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »

I read that the Duckt-Taype theory resembles the much earlier Poynting Vector theory in some respects, but theoretical investigations indicate that it leads to a number of sticky situations when extended.  However, some scientists believe that the stickiness can be put to good use in certain Junqueyard Wars.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
wb1aij
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 05:29:31 PM »

I once employed duct tape to plug a hole in a canoe. It kept the canoe dry inside from Blythe, California to Yuma, Arizona, about 90 miles on the Colorado River. Is there any limit to what it can do?Huh
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 06:11:23 PM »

Duct tape and Cosmetology?

* tape.jpg (79.19 KB, 500x375 - viewed 452 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 08:46:51 PM »

"Duct tape and Cosmetology?"

Maybee its a substitute for bikini wax tech???   klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015