The AM Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:54:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW QTH  (Read 4016 times)
ve6pg

« on: April 06, 2007, 12:09:51 AM »

..HI FROM TIM...JUST GOT A NEW QTH, 8 ACRES, TROUT RIVER ON IT, VERY QUIET FER RADIO...BIG OUT BUILDING (THE HANGAR), 30X46ft...JUST SOUTH OF HANOVER (HANGOVER), ONTARIO...WID JUST A 1/2 WAVE DIPOLE UP, I'M GETTING GREAT REPORTS, AND RECEIVING GUYS LIKE BRENT, TIMMY, STEVE, TODD, WITH INCREDIBLE SIGS...PROPERTY IS ABT 540 METERS ABOVE SEA LEVEL, AND IT SHOWS...HOPE TO BE PUTTING UP SOME BIG ANTENNAS SOON, AND GETTING BACK ON AM AFTER A SHORT TIME AWAY...LOTS TO DO INSIDE THE HOUSE, AND BUILD THE RADIO ROOM...HAFTA MAKE SPACE AVAILABLE FER THE RCA BTA-1R1....
..LOOKING FWD TO WERKING YOU ALL SOON....TIM....sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:38:37 AM »

Hey Tim that's great, and what a hustle getting radioactive at the site. VGood and will look for you around the Canuck freq ?
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »

Hey Tim -

I think I heard you on with the Apache the day your power was hooked up. Unfortunately it was the day after I blew the mod iron in my transmitter. Hope to be back on the air with it in a couple weeks.

Still laughing from one of our last exchanges, when you mentioned that all you had to do was unhook from the outside antenna and drive off. Definitely an interesting approach!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys again soon, and congrats on the new digs. 8 acres....think of the ant possibilities...  Cheesy

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »

..TNX GUYS...YA, LOTS TO DO, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT...VERY QUIET QTH..A REAL PLEASURE TO BE HEARING ALMOST EVERYONE, AND NOT HAVING ANY HASSLES....TIM....sk...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015