The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:13:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So clue me in, what is the slime-o-tron?  (Read 28829 times)
kf6pqt

« on: March 26, 2007, 08:52:21 PM »

He's not makin' moonshine, what with that thoriated-tungsten filament... or is he? And he drank it?Huh

http://www.amwindow.org/pix/htm/slime1.htm

Thanks,
Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

Yes, you are correctly pronouncing it, although the regional dialect has it Slime-uh-Tron as well, FYI.

I have a sound file somewhere of the refinery process seen in the two photos shown.  Maybe that will help you grasp the concept, the technical variables involved, and the goal to science.

NO animals were harmed in the testing of the item.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »

"And he drank it?Huh "   NO, the elixer is much to strong to be taken oraly...  klc

What? Me worry?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:36:16 PM »

A slimatron produces heavy pissolene. You figure it out.
kf6pqt

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:32:58 PM »

Uhhh... you dudes on the East coast talk like all funny and stuff, soooo... so Ida know... that could mean anything!

Wink

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
W1GFH
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:34:38 PM »

Pissolene differs from woodolene in that it is produced by the human body.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:52:38 PM »

It is best to listen to Tim give step-by-step construction details and complete explanation of the operation of a slime-o-tron.

There is also the wax-o-tron.  I have seen one of those in operation, but never had the privilege of witnessing a slime-o-tron in action.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:20:49 AM »

This may be helpful.......

The Timtron DictionaryVersion 1.1, September 1, 2006As a public service of WBCQ, we present a glossary of common terms that may be used on Radio Timtron Worldwide.amplitudius modulationious - a species of hamateur specializing in the amplitude modulation (yayem) mode of operation.BA - ball assembly. See scrote.buzzardly - exhibiting characteristics of an old buzzard.broadcash - broadcast.ceramic tits - insulating devices that resemble breasts.cadaverlac - Timtron's cadillac station wagon.crapped out - failed in service, gave up the ghost.crapstal - crystal.cuntrent - current.deyellify - improve the quality of audio output.deyellification - process of improving the quality of audio output.diddly - radio interference in the form of continuous wave (Morse code) or otherwise coded transmission.drain the log - take a piss.ePay - eBay.extinguished - distinguished.FARTS - First Amendment Radio Transmitting Society.feces - FCC.hamateur - ham, amateur radio operator.Henry Yellar - WA1HLR.Henry Yellar Mountain - the location of Timtron's abode and antenna farm.I'm a Piss Weak Little Mobile - a ham radio song, sung to the tune of the traditional song "I've been workin' on therailroad." The lyrics are:I'm a piss weak little mobile,No one can hear me.I'm a piss weak little mobile,I sound so yellowy.http://www.wbcq.com - WBCQ The Planet - Worldwide International ShortwavePowered by MamboGenerated: 24 March, 2007, 01:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2
Please, can anybody hear me,Talking on the radio?I'm a piss weak little mobile,Down the road I go.intrascent - interesting.Joisey - New Jersey. JN - Johnny Novice.JS - jock strap. A temporary method of securing a device. Often becomes permanent.Mabel - Old Buzzard Hyram's long suffering wife.Massholechewits - Massachusetts. Megatron - Marcie.microphonium - microphone.New Hampster - New Hampshire.old buzzard - older operator, not so much related to age as to state of mind. See Piss and Moan.Old Buzzard Hyram - prototytpical old buzzard personality created by Timtron.old buzzard transmission - A very e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d transmission, often punctuated by tuning up the rig on the air,incessant ramblings about matter of personal health and hygiene.Penisylvania - Pennsylvania. phonuim - telephone; short for telephonium.piggly - police.Pinto Valdeze - a long retired Timtron mode of transportation.piss and moan - a mode of conversation often engaged in by Old Buzzards.Pissburg - Pittsburgh, Penisylvania.pissoline - originally prototyped as a battery recharging fluid agent; now used as fuel to power the cadaverlac. piss weak - low power operation. See "I'm A Piss Weak Little Mobile."pus bus - nerve center of Henry Yellar Mountain.pussie - humid, e.g. "It's hot and pussie today." pronounced as in "pus bus." PW - abbreviation for piss weak.rectumfier - rectifier, diode.RefriginTuner - a Timtron invention that utilizes the chassis of a refrigerator to house antenna tuners.SBE - sideband eliminator.scrote - intestinal fortitude, a derivation of scrotum. scrotful - Used as a round about way of saying something has balls, i.e. "That’s a scrotful transmitter."scrotless - antonym of scrotful.shit eating dogs - slopbucketeer deterrent.http://www.wbcq.com - WBCQ The Planet - Worldwide International ShortwavePowered by MamboGenerated: 24 March, 2007, 01:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 3
Skowtown - Skowhegan, Maine.slopbucket - sideband mode of operation.slopbucketeer - radio operator using sideband mode.Sorry Excuse - Syracuse, New York.slimatron - device used to distil pissoline.strap - denote a signal that swamps/demolishes/buries another signal. strapping - strong radio signal.TIT - Timtron Institute of Technology.testicalling - testing.telephonium - telephone.Verminmont - Vermont. winterfester - the annual Shortwave Listener's Festival (Winterfest) in Kulpsville, Penisylvania.woodoline - fuel used to heat the pus bus, burned in a woodolene stove.vomit meter - voltmeter.vosser - water.yayem - amplitude modulation (AM).yayemer - AM radio operator. yellowy - sound characteristic of piss weak operation.zorch - to burn out, or smoke in a spectacular fashion.--I'm a piss weak little mobile (mp3 audio) http://www.wbcq.com - WBCQ The Planet - Worldwide International ShortwavePowered by MamboGenerated: 24 March, 2007, 01:48

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »

Having seen that very slimatron in operation years ago, all I can say Jason is - you gotta see it to fully appreciate it. There's no better way to utilize an otherwise pus-filled 833.

If memory serves me correctly, the slimatron came about as a response to some on-air remarks about his operation from Henry-yeL-aR Mountain bl-bl-bl-bl-bl-blYEEEARs ago.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »

A slimatron produces heavy pissolene. You figure it out.

Not to be confused with light possolene, which is the natural form of pissolene. the redistilled form of heavy pissolene is far too concentrated to be treated lightly, as it falls somewhere right inbetween toxic chemical and nuclear waste. when it looks like tar, you better run as the slimatron is about to explode!! Shocked Shocked

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
WA3VJB
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »

We also need to tell Jason that the root is

Oleen

oh-leen' noun, (Skowhegan) Any grade of gasoline from ethyl to super-ethyl, leaded or unleaded. "I need to get some oleen in the Chuffa-Mobile," the man said.

Webstor's tells us that the word, over a period of years in common use, also became a

...suffix with modifiers for a variety of fuels and fuel-like substances, e.g. woodoleen, i.e., "Tossing a log into the wood o'leen stove."

Variants, typically seen on the printed page and not relevant when uttered, include oline, olene, and olyne (archiac). These are acceptable as long as there is compliance with proper pronunciation.

Hope helpful.

It is important to note that the origin of the Slime-A-Tron is like the eskimo language, much of it cannot be written down.  When inquiring on the air, please refer to the Chuffa-Mobile, since this was the first known vehicle to be the recipient of the processed, highly refined Slime-A-Tron fluid, ca. 1967.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 01:58:03 PM »

And always remember that the true real-deal slimatron must use an
833-A! 4-400s, 4-1000s or anything else is not type accepted and mearly a cheap "knock-off" immitation!! Wink

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 02:09:10 PM »

An then you'll have to ask Tim to tell you the story about The EGGATRON Bombs he used to build as a kid on his bicycle. What they were was eggs left in the sun to spoil, One EGGATRON bombs were left in the sun for a week Two EGGATRON bombs were left in the sun two weeks. I thing the strongest Tim ever built was the Mighty Six MeggaEggaTron Bomb.

He told me the results were a bit disappointing but it was a good experiment done at a time when the nuclear powers of the world were flexing their mussels. Tim had it all under control!!!

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »

I recall one story of a slime-o-tron that went off while guests were present.  Turned the party into a puking contest.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »

I recall one story of a slime-o-tron that went off while guests were present.  Turned the party into a puking contest.

Thats the same one I heard!! Grin Grin

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »

Do anyone remember the story of the first use of pissolene as a windshield  solvent??   klc

What? Me worry?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »

you better run as the slimatron is about to explode!!

Timmy sez his Slimotrons never explode. Just ask PW Fallon.

"We want a slimatron...We want a slimatron...!"

"... and it was raining hot pissolene!"

Porkrot 1972
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 10:46:08 PM »

WEll the saddest day in my ya'emm life was listling to Tron cryin' about the fire on henrylrmountain.  ' 86?  Can't remember xactly. I mean what a waste of big iron, 4x1's and a lifetime collection of really neat stuff. We all sent what we could. "Oh Tim, here's a lowly 807." Well he took that empty icon and turned it into a whole lit up, plug-in bucket's worth.  ..or I think he was the maker. Now that's class.  One of the few lights in the world of dead sea, salt buckets for many years.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »

Errr... yea, the fire.

http://www.amwindow.org/pix/htm/hlrmtn.htm
W4EWH

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »

This may be helpful.......

The Timtron DictionaryVersion 1.1, September 1, 2006As a public service of WBCQ, we present a glossary of common terms that may be used on Radio Timtron Worldwide

Outstanding!

Or, as Tron would say, "Out standing under a streetlight" ;-)

For the benefit of future generations, I'd appreciate you sending the original version to bill _at_ horne _dot_ net. I'll post it on Timtron.org, the future home of all things timtronic.

73, Bill W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 08:16:05 AM »

"It was called the Crazy Horse... kinda like Neil Young's backup band, there... ya know....

So anyway..."

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA3VJB
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »

Was it 1972?

Well the Chuffa-Mobile, so named because it was missing a few cylinders, must have been a '67.

The story of its inauguration related to the Slime-A-Tron carefully crafted at Pork-Rot was that the hose delivering the processed fluid broke LOOSE, as the fire hose under pressure, and spewed its contents on and about the car and bystanders.

O ! the humanity as people dove for cover, the wildly flailing line barely keeping hold of the apparatus on which it was mounted.

Finally, the law of physics regained control, quieting the savage beast, stilling the conduit, and quelling the crowd who weeped and retched at the trauma they had witnessed.

Within days the Chuffa-Mobile's paint bore mute testimony to the event.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »

I think there was also a brownish strip down the side of the garage after the "incident."

WA1GFZ

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »

Gee I was just thinking that it would be cool to build a solid state PDM modulator to drive a slime-A-Tron off a battery for mobile fester applications so it doesn't kill the battery. The Silme-A-Tron heating element would act as the integrator. A class H Silme-A-Tron driver would waste too much battery power.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »

You are totally sick! Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015