The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:47:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POST TIMONIUM PARTY MUG SHOTS  (Read 8333 times)
kenw2dtc
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »

http://w2dtc.com/2007-0331-post-timonium-party-2007-page.htm
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 12:11:47 AM »

Ken!

Do all AM Lovers my regards......
Have fun together.
On the photo's I know not who is who. Cry

Greetings,

Henk from Dokkum Wink
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »

Excellent batch of snapshots, Ken, wish I had gotten there in time for the engine demonstration, always a highlight. I got there just as Frank was draining the cooling water after the "run."

Nice meeting Ralph for the first time, W3GL.  He says we can come to his place and extract that homebrew transmitter in his garage and get it running again so he's not so PW.

But most importantly, thanks to Carol KB3OMT and her husband for putting on such a nice social. I'm sure I can speak for the others that we had a very good time.

* Photo Courtesy W2DTC.jpg (93.02 KB, 320x240 - viewed 415 times.)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »

Paul said:
But most importantly, thanks to Carol KB3OMT and her husband for putting on such a nice social. I'm sure I can speak for the others that we had a very good time.

I'll echo those sentiments too Paul. I'm kind of curious as to what his neighbors were thinking about with all the hoop-la going on in Frank's yard. I noticed his neighbor lady looked at us with a little skepticism in her eye. I guess it was successful being that nobody peed where they shouldn't have.Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »

Indeed.  TNX, Frank and Carol, for hosting one of the Finest Business OM AM events in the country!

Great food, great fun, great company!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »

Ken,

Nice pix!

Perhaps, maybe, some captions with the thumbnails so we can ID the purps?  Grin

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »

Yeah, it was really a nice time! I hated to leave, but it's a long ride back to Long Island from the Baltimore area. Great to see everyone, and many, many thanks to Frank & Carol for being such gracious hosts and for the superb eats.

I'll be there next year, for sure. I think for the future, I'll bypass the Timonium fester and just head right over to the Casa del KB3AHE/KB3OMT. All I found at Timonium were a pair of Eimac 4-400A pulls and an ADC long-frame audio patch panel. Dropped a total of $15.00 so I can't complain.

Best 73 to all,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »

Below are keys to the two group shots on Ken's page. I think I have most of the names and faces correct. Any corrections are appreciated.

http://w2dtc.com/2007-0331-post-timonium-party-2007/DSC_4753.jpg

Kneeling (L to R): Randy-N3LRX, Bert-WA3JYU, Bill-KA8WTK, Chuck-WB3LGG, Paul-K2ORC, son of N2YR, Bill-AB3AL

Standing (L to R): Karl-KD3CN, Bruce-W2XR, Phil-K2PG, Norm-WB2SYQ, Joe-N3IBX, Frank-KB3CYX, Frank-KB3AHE, John-W3JN, Gary-W1GHW, Rick-W3RSW, son of W3SLK, Mike-W3SLK, Brent-W1IA, Tom-KB3??, Dave-K2DK, Joe-N2YR, Steve-WB3HUZ, son of WB3LGG, Frank-KA2TRU, Ralph-W3GL

And way in the back, all by himself, Wayne-WA1SSJ

http://w2dtc.com/2007-0331-post-timonium-party-2007/DSC_4761.jpg

Kneeling (L to R): Bert-WA3JYU, Chuck-WB3LGG, Bill-KA8WTK, Paul-K2ORC, Bill-AB3AL

Standing (L to R): Bill-W1AC, Karl-KB3JKG, Bruce-W2XR, Karl-KD3CN, Phil-K2PG, John-W3JN, Tim-N3DRB, Joe-N3IBX,??(obscured), Norm-WB2SYQ, Carol-KB3OMT, Frank-KB3AHE, Randy-N3LRX (mostly obscured behind KB3AHE), Gary-W1GHW, Rick-W3RSW, son of W3SLK, Mike-W3SLK, Brent-W1IA, Tom-??, Dave-K2DK, Joe-N2YR, Steve-WB3HUZ, son of N2YR, Wayne-WA1SSJ, son of WB3LGG, Ralph-W3GL

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »

I had a great time. Next yer I wont even bother with the hamfest. That was the worst non-bad wx timonium fester I've ever seen. one building locked, tailgating not even half full. Slowly, but surely, ham radio is dying.
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »

A wonderful get together, as usual, thanks to Carol and Frank.  I don't know too many people who year after year would happily and generously open their home to the multitudes.  Thank you so much.

As a footnote: the What's For Dinner Net was conducted in eyeball mode in the 'AHE basement.  All that was missing was Bill saying, "I was in the other room."

Go Duke![/b]
kenw2dtc
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 11:17:25 PM »

Thanks to Steve WB3HUZ for ID'ing all the guys.  With that information, I redid the whole webpage with name and call.  If you guys see any errors, please send me an email (from my webpage) and I will fix the problem right away.
Ken W2DTC
n3lrx
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »

Randy-N3LRX (mostly obscured behind KB3AHE)

hehe That's OK, I'm usually Obscured by Clouds! (Pink Floyd fans should get it.. Smiley )
W4EWH

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:45 AM »

Fellow hams,

I've added the pictures I took to my website: it's at http://billhorne.com/Timonium/ .

Please tell me what the missing names/calls are: I'm new to Timonium and the AM group, so I'll apologize in advance if I missed someone everybody knows.

73, Bill W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 09:03:37 AM »

Thanks to Steve WB3HUZ for ID'ing all the guys.  With that information, I redid the whole webpage with name and call.  If you guys see any errors, please send me an email (from my webpage) and I will fix the problem right away.
Ken W2DTC

Ken,

Thank you for taking, identifying, and putting up all those great pictures, and to Steve for his help.  I'm sorry I couldn't be there.  Maybe next year, and definitely this year at Rochester.  Hope to see you, and a bunch of the other guys there as well.

K2VHerb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W4EWH

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »

Below are keys to the two group shots on Ken's page. I think I have most of the names and faces correct. Any corrections are appreciated.

[snip]

Sorry, I'm getting an error message on both URL's

Bill W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »

[snip]

[Sorry, I'm getting an error message on both URL's[/color][/b][/size]

Bill W1AC

Use this link and you can pick and choose any of the pictures including the two referenced earlier:
http://w2dtc.com/2007-0331-post-timonium-party-2007-page.htm

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »

I also had a great time. Enjoyed everyone's stories immensly,  Enjoyed seeing the Derb.  Enjoyed watching the videos of N.England festers of yesteryear.   Would have posted my thanks earlier but headed down to Eastern Shore to Sue's sister's right after the fester. Would you believe there was one cookie left of the three I'd saved.

Frank and Carol as usual provided a great Spring breakout.  ..for me anyway, trapped way over here deep in the heart of 8 land. It was perfect weather at Franks and for a day further south, so I should be happy.
Rick, W3RSW.

RICK  *W3RSW*
WA1GFZ

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:44:33 AM »

maybe the reason flea markets are falling apart is we have all the good stuff in our basements. We only share good stuff with a small number of friends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015